• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn Signals Out...Need Help

Crewzzzer

NAXJA Forum User
The other day while driving I noticed the turn signals where out so I went home the next day and checked the fuses. All fuses are fine so thats not the problem. Hazards work so Im sure its not the bulbs. I need more opinions on what it might be...Turn signal switch?

Crewzzzer said:
The other day while driving I noticed the turn signals where out so I went home the next day and checked the fuses. All fuses are fine so thats not the problem. Hazards work so Im sure its not the bulbs. I need more opinions on what it might be...Turn signal switch?
Hazards and turnsignals do use the same bulbs.
Swap the Hazard flasher with the Turn signal flasher, each has there own fuse flasher and bulb’s (there the same bulb just dual filament )

Last edited:
Well I replaced a turn signal bulb and still no luck...

I think I miss understood that last post but if it helps the Cherokee is a 96....

Last edited:
Crewzzzer said:
Well I replaced a turn signal bulb and still no luck...I did notice that there are two different sets though..
Did you replace the flasher?
Also check your Heater, cig lighter, and rear wiper they all get power from a seprate feed from the ignition switch.

Last edited:
Crewzzzer said:
What exactly do you mean by flasher?..sorry

Cylindrical part usually located in/near the fuse box. They pull straight out like a fuse. Mine are metallic in colour. I don't know the internals of the flasher but I believe it's a relay or something that controls the delaying/flashing/blinking of the lights.

Found the flasher it is under the steering colum...Replaced the flasher and still no luck...Anymore ideas would be great untill then im one of those jackass drivers who dont use there signals..:(

There are two similar flashers. did you change the right one? If in doubt, swap them, or hit the hazards and feel which one is clicking. Then change the other one.

My flasher was messed up, so I put a new bulb in. Still wouldn't blink, just would stay on. So then, I removed the fuse, put it back in, and viola, works great.

Edit: Your relay is probably dead.

I worked with Mike and we checked all of the fuses, and we looked in a Jeep manuel and where it says that the flasher relay should be there is nothing. But the we checked my 95 and everything is the same as his 96. Where would the best place to check the ground on this thing be?

Crewzzzer said:
I worked with Mike and we checked all of the fuses, and we looked in a Jeep manuel and where it says that the flasher relay should be there is nothing. But the we checked my 95 and everything is the same as his 96. Where would the best place to check the ground on this thing be?
You still need to find that flasher relay before you move on, it could also be in a plug next to the drivers side of the steering column, close to the diagnostics connecter

Back