• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Harness Issue with a twist

CountryXJRoad

NAXJA Forum User
I know there are a lot of threads on this but my issue has a twist.

Recently installed H4 headlight upgrade. Harness, builds, lenses.

Go to install everything and when I test the lights lows don’t work but highs do. Check all usual thing fuse, relays, I know my headlight switch is fine cause I just replaced. Grounds are good.

Lows and highs work on stock harness but once I connect the harness up I only get highs. I check all connections and they seem sturdy.

Any ideas ? I feel like it has to be the harness since with just stock it all works.

I ran out of time today so I’ll have to fiddle around this weekend but any suggestions would help thanks.

Since you're using an upgraded harness, swap the high and low beam relays on said harness and see if the low beams work. Oddly, I've had a nearly 50% dead-on-arrival rate with 30A and 40A relays in the last year (from various sources).

Got the same issue with mine. Upgraded harness and lights. All worked well for a while but now high beam only. Got my front end torn apart now for other repairs, will test relays when I put it back together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I was able to throw in new relays this morning. So passengers low works, drivers low does not. Both highs work. I’ll have to pull out the harness and inspect. Right now I have right headlight hooked up to aftermarket harness and left side hooked up to stock so my headlights works.

This is the link to the harness I used. The reviews seemed pretty good. Some people claimed it was a Hella brand. Mine was definitely not Hella unless it was wrote out in Chinese. Price was not bad but mine seems to be having some problems so I didn’t leave a good review.

https://www.amazon.com/Headlight-Relay-Wiring-Harness-Ceramic/dp/B00H5JFHR0

Same one I got, it's been fine for about 2 years but the relays tend to act up a little bit when it gets really cold. They have a clear housing though, need to get around to replacing them with some quality standard ones.

Try removing the factory fog light relay if you have one. Read that suggestion in another thread and it fixed the high beam/low beam problem for me.

If that harness wont work order one from Ksuspension. Also, pull the cover on your stock headlight harness plug. mine had broken wires in it which was giving me issues.

Back