• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

disabled after Coil/C101 connector clean

88trailcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Cross posted in the OEM tech thread because I need to get this resolved.

Need some ideas quick. The jeep is disabled, sitting the driveway, need to get it running this weekend.

I did a coil/ICU connection cleaning. Pretty straigth forward. Dabbed a bit of OX guard on the connectors and carefully dropped it back in.

Then did a C101 connector cleaning. The tar/goop was messy and I used a lot of cleaner (appears it is just wire connectors, no electronics) I used both brake cleaner and electronics connector cleaner. I then gooped it up with OX guard and reconnection was pretty straigt forward. Access was easy, unlikely I damaged anything.

So...hooked the battery up. With the ignition on the buzzer and lights all work. Turn the key to start and no attempt to crank.

Any thoughts are appreciated a.s.a.p. I need to get this heep off the driveway and running.

My thoughts are that the cleaner damaged something in the C101 or that the OX guard is shorting between the pins in the C101???

FIXED!!!

^^^ that's exactly what I did and she fired right up. Cleaned up the starter relay connector at the ICU and she is off and running.

Sorry for the panic post.

Naxja comes through again.

Back