• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Build: Sleeve, Truss etc.... for 35's

Nice! I love that crossmember & skid

Are you gonna punch any holes in those skids? Wondering if they'll end up catching and carrying a lot of dirt and rocks otherwise. :p

i'd be more worried about them filling up with leaking fluids (in the long term).

one of the leading causes of deaths of 4x4's is skids filling up with leaking ATF, it splashing on a hot cat and flash burning.

TheCodeMonk: not worried about rocks and mud. I wash under the rig after almost every ride here in va since there is so much mud. No holes for that.

Cal: Your scaring me. Stoney my best wheeling buddy here in VA had a fire and nearly lost his rig (LJ Rubi) due to an atf leak and fire. I really don't want to put holes in a slider. Damn you bro, thank you bro. Now I need to find a way around that without holes in the skids. First thought is thin aluminum splash shield between the cat and the rear skid.

Got it home yesterday. This build kicks ass. Car Crush (first over) Saturday. Pics to follow. Chaos Fab is awesome.

John

Here is the only picture of it from the weekend.
Most folks run the car crush end to end. I had to be first over side to side. I wanted to be first over end to end but we had one vehicle with a crushed A pillar and the risk of it collapsing and causing a roll over for the first vehicle across was so great that we put a fully caged rig up there first. After that it was way too easy to cross end to end.

I got the front end up and over with no "stacking" but the rears needed the tires on the ground since the front was stuck in "ditch" where the roof on the red car was crushed down. Paint is silly slick.

John

Hey. Those cars and the xj look familier. This was on memorial weekend right? I was the little white two door runnin on 30s with 3 inches sitting on two turdys.

Back