• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Jack/ Bad Vibrations

XJ[4x4]77

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 1991 xj with a 6.5 in rusty longarm lift with a lockrite locker in the front and 34'' tsl bias-ply boggers. and no sway bar. also a rusty steering kit with no steering stabilizer. my axle is a HP-D30 so my driveline isnt too steep either. it has more aftermarket upgrades than listed but the problem i am adressing is in the front end. anyways,

while driving on the road at around 30+ mph the front end starts shaking/ vibrating real bad, to a dangerous extent. it will not stop unless you slow down substantially to about 15 or so mph. could the problem be solved with a steering stabilizer? or is the locker contributing to it in any way possibly? or bad cv joints? i am also planning on putting my sway bar back on with some quic disconnects just to add to the highway driveability while keeping its offroad potential.

also if there are any other suggestions as to make my jeep more multi purpose on highway friendly please let me know. possibly getting the alignment and tire balance checked? or maybe the wheel bearings are going out? right now i plan on these mods to help highway conditions.

sway bar re connected
remove locker in front and spool in rear and getting selectable lockers
adding a steering stabilizer.

Last edited:
Do a search on death wobble,youll find more than enough threads on it!

Back