• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accidentally supplied 24V to 95 XJ

Yep, I had to remove that intermittent box in my 85, it failed thousands of mikes from home and rain was turning to snow. Kmart parking lot fix. Pulled the module out and plugged the ends of the harness into each other.

I wouldnt be surprised if that box burnt out, they fail on their own for no apparent reason.
I've done all kinds of things to my wiper system motors, linkage, new interment control boxes still have slowish speed in all our xj.

Jeep part# 56006957ab
No longer made or stocked as far as I know. I Think wrangler and 84-96 XJ had the same wiper module, I used to snatch them out of a junked jeep whenever I'd come across them, most didn't work. Supposedly certain year grand Cherokee can swap in but I'm not sure of those details

The module looks like this, only a strip of Velcro holding it to the knee bar dash thingy where the lower vent is.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rYQAAOSw4GVYOkgj/s-l300.jpg

Thanks for all the info!

Jeep part# 56006957ab
No longer made or stocked as far as I know. I Think wrangler and 84-96 XJ had the same wiper module, I used to snatch them out of a junked jeep whenever I'd come across them, most didn't work. Supposedly certain year grand Cherokee can swap in but I'm not sure of those details

The module looks like this, only a strip of Velcro holding it to the knee bar dash thingy where the lower vent is.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/rYQAAOSw4GVYOkgj/s-l300.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think i grabbed one out of a 93 Grand. i think it still listed XJ on its casing. never tested it yet.

So... My jumper setup didn't work, but I am no longer blowing a fuse, which tells me that the wiring harness is grounding out somewhere. I think it didn't work because I need to supply 12V power to the servo as well. This Sunday I think I'll make a pretty legit wiring harness for the entire cruise control setup. Shouldn't be too hard, just kinda time consuming.

double check the codes now and see if any cruise related things show up. if you lived closer i would just bring over the snap on scanner and get this fixed lol

also once you get it fixed you can come fix mine. hehe

double check the codes now and see if any cruise related things show up. if you lived closer i would just bring over the snap on scanner and get this fixed lol

also once you get it fixed you can come fix mine. hehe

I did do that yesterday. It came up with the cruise error still, but it's not very specific with this OBD1 stuff!

ha ha If I get it all sorted out, I'd be happy to share whatever I did to solve it. :cheers:

Back