• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Official" SE Meet/Greet VOTE date/location

SE MEET/GREET

• February 9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • February 16

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • February 23

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Devil's Playgound - Lexington, NC

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Callalantee - Mountain City, TN

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

uncc civilengineer

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to get together w/ as many of you as possible and wheel/meet sometime soon. For the sake of ease of orginization I'm going to throw out (3) days and (2) locations to vote on.

It should give a decent amount of notice for most so we'll see if we can get some interested in wheeling.

Date 1: February 9
Date 2: February 16
Date 3: February 23

Location 1: Devil's Playgound - Lexington, NC (Pending approval)
Location 2: Calalantee - Mountain City, TN (most likely a Sat/Sun ride)

DPG: Small area that is easily accessible to all types of rigs. Plenty of obsticles to test your abilities on. Family/observer/pet friendly - you can easily park in the woods and observe all the action. I assure you if you're willing to try things you can have a lot of fun out here. Come open or locked you'll still have fun... IT definetly is a more Meet/Greet type atmosphere...

-Cost: most likely FREE or very minimal
-Camping would probably be an option for some that are "out-of-town".
-Pending proper approval

Calalantee: Fun, wet, slick, and rocky terrain... You can run most trails open by taking the bypasses... or trying the obsticles, it's up to you. Some trails make Tellico look easy. You can definetly have fun in any class rig... It's not as Meet/Greet friendly but still a lot of fun.

-Cost: 11.00/day
-Camping is available at the campground for something like $15.00/night
-Hotel: there is a hotel (Americourt i believe) within 5 miles of the trail head for approx 70.00/night).

Please vote for (1) DATE and (1) LOCATION... we'll see how it goes.. Voting ends Feb. 02 to allow for everyone to make proper travel arrangements.

**It would be nice to get at least (5) rigs confirmed... but we'll go w/ whoever shows up...

Last edited:
Re: "Unofficial" SE Meet/Greet VOTE date/location

im down for later in feb. we are in the planning stages of a meet for the chattanooga area for 2/10/08. fyi.

I voted for Feb 23rd @ Callalantee.

I voted the 16th at DPG....date might be flexible..all depending on school requirements and what weekends I have to work in Feb. Will know when it gets closer though.

Might run some of the smaller things at DPG this time around.

I'll need something closer than 6.5 hrs away to come meet and greet you dudes.....:wave:

F*** DPG, I'm closer to TN now..

Anytimes fine with me..

Actually, I could be down for the 16th too. I didn't realize where Callantee was, we could have some of the white stuff to play in February!

My vote is for Callalantee on the 23rd.
Struggle On.

UPDATE...

I just found out the Open Ride for February at DPG is 2/16... SO... I will be there for that.... and all are welcome... It will be a good show.. plenty of buggies and big rigs.

SO...................

With that being said I VOTE for Saturday/Sunday 2/23 at Callalantee

-Chris

You're a wheelin machine Chris. You and your Jeep are my and my Jeeps' idols. :worship: lol

BruceB83 said:
You're a wheelin machine Chris. You and your Jeep are my and my Jeeps' idols. :worship: lol

Funny stuff.... Hopefully some locals will make it out to DPG on the 16th.. but I plan to meet as many of you as possible up at Callalantee on the 23rd...

I guess I'm kind of lucky.. DPG is about 40mins from me and Callalantee is about 1.5 hrs...

I'll also be staying at the Americourt.... they have a nice full breakfest... 77.00 for Saturday night...

Provided i'm not working that weekend in GSO and don't have stuff goin on at school, I should be able to make it up to DPG on the 16th. I'll know my work schedule this weekend.

Chris, if you could PM me the addy to DPG again and your number....I used to have the directions in the glove box but i'm not sure where they walked off too.

I live in concord, where is dpg located in lexington.

thanks

^ ill be at the DPG invite hope to see some new faces out there. this will be the first ride out of the shop for the ckee

Back