• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Rebuild...

And that's about to now...

I got a pair of JCR quarter armor fitted up and waiting for some warmer weather to paint them.

Had to trim them to fit my rear fender cut.

Also cut the quarters and moved them up due to my bumper design being a little too close and it was making some noise..

Made a place for safety chains to hook up incase I want to tow something...

Made a few other changes I don't have pictures of but I will post those later, I'm waiting to paint the bumper as well.

Final project is a rear cargo storage box.

Nice!! Why didnt you like the Durango box?

I hear they are hit or miss on the remans, and I think mine was a miss, it didn't feel any different from the 140K oe one. I was looking to clean up the steering, PSC was a big improvement.

Info on seat warmers?

Amazon special, they are pretty cheap and lots of options. I did end up needing to lengthen the wires that connect the wires up to the seat.

What kind of hinge did you use for the swingout? Thats exactly what Im looking to do on mine

I used heims,

aj4rg3Nh.jpg

Did a few other things:

Rear main seal- no pics... but inside pan looked great no sludge so that's good.

New hatch stops, mine were only a few years old but already smashed down.

BmSqnLzh.jpg

New serpentine belt and put in a red top Optima, fun fact the Optima and Walmart Everstart it replaced are both made by Johnson Controls.

ujLvgEZh.jpg

Put on a pair of cheap LED pods, very bright.

ctzVj4ch.jpg

Back