• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas tuners

NoisyTJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, my tow rig (and DD until I get the 4.6 stroker finished) is a 2003 Chevy 1500HD 4x4 with the 6.0L. I love the truck but like most people, I want more power. Right now I have a K&N cold air kit, and the stock exhaust with a Magnaflow dual in single out muffler. Im interersted mainly in a little more power for towing so its not downshifting on every slight grade I come to. I also want to firm up the shifts a little bit, the shifts from the 4L80E just dont feel like a HD tranny should to me. I'm pretty much split between the Superchips Cortex and the Diablosport Predator. Does anyone have experience with either of these and some feedback?

An LSx or LS style intake will net you some ponies.. And, is bolt -in, of course.

check out blackbear tunes, its more detailed than an out of the box tune and will be personalized for your truck. its what i have on my tahoe and could notice an incredible difference in power, shifts and even mileage.

Both are great tuners, very similar real world gains. Main difference is the superchip can be updated on home pc with just a USB the diablo can to but it takes a cable that's a little harder to get and it's slighty more complicated, neither are hard but the superchip is just simple and straight forward. Personally I prefer superchip to diablo but aside from what I just said they aren't much different

Back