• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED Headlamp/Flashlight..

Joev

NAXJA Forum User
Just was at Lowes with the kids to look at some christmas trees. Came across one of those flashlights you put on your head. Always wanted one..You know..at night, under the Jeep..got the flashlight balanced on your sholder..never works..So I figured $9 bucks not much to lose.

Turns out it is one bad a$$ little flashlight. It's a LED bulb. 45 lumes..bright as all get out. Like looking at the sun. (well, not totally).

If you ever wanted to get one, head on out to Lowes and get one.

It's made made by TASK FORCE and the product # is 0017500.

Wife told me I look like a tool with it on. Oh well.

Yeah i have had a headlamp for years... looks like a dork but way useful in any low light labor related situation. And that's a good price.

Wife told me I look like a tool with it on. Oh well.

LoL - thats funny. My wife used to say the same thing about me when I'd wear a headset to talk to my buddies while playing video games.

I'll have to go over to Lowes - I'm getting tired of holding a flashlight in my teeth!

does it blink?

does it blink?
you can get one at Harbor Freight that has a switch for steady light and for blinking. they are cheap and they are BRIGHT. i'm sure i look foolish wearing it but i don't care; it's a great gadget. i love gadgets.

I keep one of those rechargeable flashlights with a crank on the side in the Jeep because I constantly forget to replace the batteries in any other sort of flashlight... I probably should pick up a headlamp too, I hate trying to hold a flashlight in my teeth while working on something.

Here is the link to Lowe's..It's something every gadget guy has to get. And it's under $10 bucks. Nice break for a bunch of guys that are use to paying an arm and a leg for jeep stuff..hahaha

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=17500-94457-TH15-3AAA--XRC&lpage=none

4897026910057md.jpg

I am a dork but that light is used every time I night wheel - I love it!
654918868_KHs4U-L.jpg

I got that above one for $20 from Walmart IIRC. It's the Energizer brand and has 3 modes: White dual floods, white long range, red dual floods :)

I am a dork but that light is used every time I night wheel - I love it!
[picture removed]

I got that above one for $20 from Walmart IIRC. It's the Energizer brand and has 3 modes: White dual floods, white long range, red dual floods :)
I had one very similar to that (still have it somewhere around here, or in storage... alot of stuff got temporarily lost when I moved and most of my belongings ended up in boxes which ended up in a storage unit).

Anyway, They say the red light is good for night, and the white is good for... night when you want to see better I guess? I have never found much use at all for the red light, though it may be useful in close areas where reflections would be a problem. :dunno:

I like the red light for when I need to see something real quick, but don't want to wreck my night vision for the next ten minutes.

Yeah, the red light preserves your night vision. I guess the way the red light waves hit the eye is different than white light... I just bought one for my Bro..he's a fellow Jeeper as well..is down in So Flo..

Headlamps are The Bomb for night wheeling/camping. Makes setting up a tent in the dark a non-issue. You learn pretty quickly either to not make eye-contact with people you're talking to, or to tilt the light down a bit so you're not blinding each other every time you look to talk.

I know the purpose of the red light... just never found it very useful. My night vision adjusts quick enough that most of the time the white was fine. I may use red if I wake up at 4AM and want to grab a bottle of water out of a bag while camping or something, but that's about it.

Wearing it makes me feel like a miner...

Both of our wives were right..We are tools..:shhh:

LoL - thats funny. My wife used to say the same thing about me when I'd wear a headset to talk to my buddies while playing video games.

I'll have to go over to Lowes - I'm getting tired of holding a flashlight in my teeth!

Back