• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Impact Driver

Ryobi is shit.
Biggest thing is full discharging the batterys before recharging. DO NOT just put em on the charger because its friday afternoon.... Discharge them 100% then recharge, same as on 95% of rechargeable batteries these days.

:yelclap:

Great thought !!

I'm not going to try and argue something I'm unfamiliar with but I thought we got past having to discharge batteries along time ago. Nicad I think was really bad with battery memory but the newer nihm and such it was much much less an issue? I still have the habbit of running things down on purpose before charging but I've gotten way more relaxed with newer batteries, are they really just as bad?

I also have reduced my battery tools as much as possible and gone air.

I'm not going to try and argue something I'm unfamiliar with but I thought we got past having to discharge batteries along time ago. Nicad I think was really bad with battery memory but the newer nihm and such it was much much less an issue? I still have the habbit of running things down on purpose before charging but I've gotten way more relaxed with newer batteries, are they really just as bad?

I also have reduced my battery tools as much as possible and gone air.

lithium does not need to be discharged. in fact you're much more likely to damage them by discharging them completely than by charging them when they're at 40%.

For best lithium battery life (cycles) you should never discharge them below 20% of their nominal voltage.

leaving them to sit in a discharged state is terrible for lithium chemistry.

likewise leaving them on the charger is bad for long term storage.
If you're not going to use them for a month or two, discharge them to 80%, that's where they last the longest and do the least damage to the internal chemistry of the battery.

We haven't had to worry about memory effects in batteries for a long time. Even NiMH is pretty much passed that issue with new chemistry.

Back