NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 10:04
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Anyone use OME LIGHT DUTY leafs?

I did OME HD about four years ago. Gave me four inches over my reverse arched springs. They have settled to about three inches over stock. I carry three to five hundred pounds on any given day ( work vehicle) still very happy with them. Never get hung up on the overload while wheeling and I push it to its limits. If I need springs again I'll buy the same. My only regret is not getting OME shocks. I got Skyjacker's ( blah).
Old August 3rd, 2013, 17:57
NAXJA Member

I did the OME Dakar HD 3.5" leafs (CS033RB) and I carry 500lbs of junk on the average day. Awesome. I have noticed more road noise over stock, but overall the ride quality is superb. the OME shocks are also awesome. For the front I got the OME2934 w/ 1.75" of isolators. It rides and handles better than my girlfriends rough country 4.5" no questions.
Old August 9th, 2013, 22:00
NAXJA Forum User

I'll add my findings to this thread. I got the OME Medium leafs about a year ago. I verified that they were indeed the MD leafs.

They gave me around 4" of lift right off the bat, and after riding around with a lot of weight in the back they have settled to just over 3" of lift in the back over stock specs.

I have Bilstein shocks all the way around so I can't exactly comment on the ride of the OME leafs, but overall the ride is rather firm.
Old August 10th, 2013, 15:35
NAXJA Forum User

I've had OME LD leafs for about 5 years. They have been holding strong. The passenger rear is sagging a bit so I'm going to rotate to the drivers side. I don't wheel that much but I tow quite frequently, and haul heavy stuff in the back routinely.
Old August 10th, 2013, 19:39
NAXJA Forum User

I have the OME leafs that came with their 2" lift kit - don't know if those are LD, MD, or HD. They rode a bit stiffer than the totally worn out stock leafs that were on there. Have had them on since 2008, and they look like the picture djlarroc posted - totally flat, no arch to them. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have paid the premium for OME, and would have went with something less expensive.