• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CPS bolt retrieval from the bell housing????

Yep. That's why I use the tape trick.

IIRC last time I started the bolts in by hand, and removing them by hand, I did not use a socket except to torque them and loosen them. My fingers, thanks to recently raging Rheumatoid Arthritis, are not what they were 4 years ago.
hasta

The time before that on this rig the transmission was on the shop floor, ready to swap trannys, so it was not an issue, and I was tired and rushed and did not slot them.

I have already drilled the holes larger to boost the stock CPS signal, and I will slot them, thanks for the reminder.

I may cover the hole first with duct tape this time, start the bolts in, remove the duct tape, then slide the slotted sensor on, then tighten her up.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!!!

Well it seems my Jedi-Jeep Master skills for now, are unmatched in the Galaxy, :DLOL. The dark side that had captured my Jeeps CPS bolt, and was holding it captive presumably in the hellish bowls of my Transmissions bell housing, gave up the bolt with out a single skirmish or battle today.

Fear is a powerful weapon. I had my Jedi attack plan all mapped out, with the help of my Jedi friends here, worked on it for days, and my special new weapons of choice on hand (mini magnetic wands) that arrived from the world of Amasons (Amason Prime, LOL, not to be confused with Optimus Prime).

So I popped the hood up, grabbed my old Jedi magnetic wand to get it out of the way (large bulky thing) I had left in place Tuesday night on the top side of the engine dangling between the block and firewall, where I tried to blindly find it on Tuesday, to make room for doing battle today and .........

Wait

For

It

The demons of darkness :firedevilhad already surrendered the bolt to my old Jedi Magnetic wand I had left there since Tuesday Night!!!!

LMFAO I am.

This has never happened before!!! I had tried three times Tuesday night stabbing around in the same places from the top side between the block and firewall, just in case it had not fallen into the bell housing, trying to get lucky searching with the old bulky wand, literally blindfolded, before I convinced myself it must have fallen into the bell housing.

Then I left the wand there for a second round of search and rescue later..... so I could sleep on it and ask for ideas here

Luck of the Irish!!!:D

Have a great weekend folks!!!

LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have probably missed your window of opportunity to buy a lottery ticket.

LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well my luck ran out with Harvey. Flooded shop and house, but my jeep stayed dry😆.

Back