• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Charcoal Canister

SBpunk

NAXJA Forum User
1992 4.0 AX15 NP242

I'm trying to figure out what problems rotted lines to the charcoal canister could cause. I've been hunting down a crappy idle and abnormally low MPG (10 to 12 city) for awhile now. I've narrowed it down to the wiring harness up until the other day. I was converting to a newer A/C system and noticed that the rubber hose going behind the block is pretty mushy. There's a metal tube that ends on the driver side firewall just before the valve cover and turns into a rubber hose. Would this have any effect on idle? I've tried to hunt down what exactly it does but aside from just dealing with fumes I couldn't figure anything out. Thanks

One of the vac lines to the canister goes directly to the intake manifold. If it of the canister has a leak, it will screw with the idle and fuel trim....

One of the vac lines to the canister goes directly to the intake manifold. If it of the canister has a leak, it will screw with the idle and fuel trim....

Perfect thanks! Don't know if you remember my overheat issue I was having but found out the CSF radiator has a different neck than stock so I needed a new radiator cap. Gets here today but keeping my hopes high. If its not that than I'll be pulling the head to see if the jackets are clogged.

Back