• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water pump bad??

gixer

NAXJA Forum User
Water pump bad??

Ok last night there was a small puddle under the Jeep.
So I checked it out day praying for a hose to have a leak. Well while I was lying underneath her and she was running ( I was trying to get her to heat up ) I could see that there was the tell tale sign of antifreeze on the area where the lower hose connects to the pump. Then all of a sudden a little bit of antifreeze came down from the pump onto the hose and dripped onto the drive way. If I am correct the weep hole is on the bottom of the pump. So this mean the pump needs to be replace. Am I correct in saying this??
The FSM does not say any thing in regards to this. I checked everywhere else and the only place it can be coming from is the bottom of the pump. The XJ has a bit over 150k on her now. I am about to go and get a new pump to throw on her so if any one has any ideas please let me know ASAP.
Thanks

Yep its the pump, I thought it was my hose and replaced that and it was still leaking. I couldn't tell it was the pump until I caught it REALLY pouring out and put my finger up there and it started running down my finger instead of the hose.

Now I have to wait for a week to change it. So I park over a drain pan every night, and top it off the coolent bottle every couple days.

LOL.

Back