• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire clearance on 2.5" lift

darkhelmet

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 xj and am going to put a 2.5" ome lift on. I was wondering if I'd run into any rubbing or clearance issues with 31x10.15R15 tires? Or would I be better off sticking to 30x9.5R15? Thanks

In my experience, you should be fine. My last two XJs have been on ~2 inches of lift and run a 31x10.5 all terrain and now 245/75R16 all terrains with no rubbing. Every tire does measure out to be a touch different though, so depending on the backspacing your wheels have there might be some at full steering lock.

Okay, and no problems wheeling either? My sway bars will be disconnected so I'll have more travel, although with extended bump stops.

I was fine on the 31s, though I did run my front sway bar attached (no rear). Haven't had the chance to go off-road with the new Jeep since I lifted it, work has had me traveling more than I expected.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a 93 xj and am going to put a 2.5" ome lift on. I was wondering if I'd run into any rubbing or clearance issues with 31x10.15R15 tires? Or would I be better off sticking to 30x9.5R15? Thanks
Pre-97s had better wheel well clearance than the later models, any rubbing would be minor and easy to fix.
Good chance the tires will hit the LCAs, on hard turns.
The steering limits can be adjusted with one or two added washers, on each side.
After market LCAs are another cure, they have better clearance build in.

I am in the same boat, OP.

Purchased some WJ control arms to take care of any rubbing. Plus, they just improve handling.

Still haven't bought tires but I guess I am leaning towards 31's. Just hope they dont destroy my 17mpg

31's stuff nicely. Mind did rub the stock control arms at full lock, but I did that only once.

I am in the same boat, OP.

Purchased some WJ control arms to take care of any rubbing. Plus, they just improve handling.

Still haven't bought tires but I guess I am leaning towards 31's. Just hope they dont destroy my 17mpg
Kiss that fuel economy good-bye! A bud gave me some take-offs that I stored until it was time to go to the mountains. DD'ing on 235/75 15s was bearable.

31-inch tires, 2-inch lift, anti-sway bar disconnected up front, removed in the rear, and bump stops. I was very happy with the results.

235s, but I like wheel travel down AND up. 31s on 2" if I spent most of my time at the mall.

31's stuff nicely. Mind did rub the stock control arms at full lock, but I did that only once.

Kiss that fuel economy good-bye! A bud gave me some take-offs that I stored until it was time to go to the mountains. DD'ing on 235/75 15s was bearable.

31-inch tires, 2-inch lift, anti-sway bar disconnected up front, removed in the rear, and bump stops. I was very happy with the results.

Dang, Those tires tucked perfect!

Used to have some 32" MTR's on my old XJ and I think that got around 14-15 mpg... ick.

Back