• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rust repair...

DutchVDub

NAXJA Forum User
... of a sorts. As some might have noticed the outer door skin on my front passenger door was pretty rusted where the factory trim/ding guard had been. Patched it up today with a bit of Aluminum sheeting, silicone, and self tapping screws. I think it looks better. I'll probably trim the excess off the bottom tomorrow or sometime next year. I'll be painting the whole Jeep OD green eventually so I'm not worried about it not matching. Bonus is its aluminum so it won't rust.

002-1.jpg

LOL - done with the precision and skill of an HVAC ductwork install professional! :D

For the other holes that are probably hiding under those trim pieces, I could probably find you some street signs in the County Shops metal recycle bin..... :thumbup:

Too bad there isn't a "Cherokee" street in So. Jeffco....... Although..... we do have a "Coors" street...... :D

WOW that is something alright. You slow at work right now your sure doing alot of work on the rig and posting up. You got that jeep itch pretty bad don't you?

I was actually pretty tempted to cut apart some PBR cans and using that on any other holes.

DutchVDub said:
I was actually pretty tempted to cut apart some PBR cans and using that on any other holes.

:roflmao:

Back