• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil pressure gauge

mudslinger4x4

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 94 and just recently my oil pressure gauge started acting up. when i start it up it goes to 40 but then when i start to give it gas it goes up way too fast and eventually will go past 80 and hit the stop all the way to the right. i did an oil change about 100 miles ago and just rechecked the oil and there is enough. made sure all my connections were good and it still happens. i don't know if this is something i should be worried about immediately but i have also started to smell something burning after i park it. i think it's oil but there are no signs of it. this problem just happened after i removed my intake silencer, but i don't think that could have anything to do with it. anybody have any suggestions? i need to get this fixed ASAP

Did you replace the oil pressure unit by chance also?
Napa I think sells them for around $20

RªMB° said:
Did you replace the oil pressure unit by chance also?
Napa I think sells them for around $20
i didn't change anything on it. it was running fine until i took out that silencer so i'm gonna try to put it back in to see if it fixes anything.

Back