• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95-xj-rust repair

95xjpa

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys is there anyplace- that i can get repair panals for the floor -mines pretty bad i no i can make my own but would like two just by them if i could any sites --hey thanks alot great sites helps me out a bunch

Unfortunately it's nowhere near as easy to just change the floor panels as in, say, a CJ, due to the unibody construction of the XJ. Your best bet is to find a really good bodywork guy to do the welding. Remember, the floor is a structural piece, so only attempt it yourself if you're sure of your welding skills. It's one of those jobs that's best done right first time, so take your time to get recommendations and see the work of different welders.

It will cost more than patching it with glass fibre or doing the welding yourself, so if you want to save money, it's easy enough to remove the carpet, console & seats beforehand, so he can just get stuck in. I know this contradicts quite a lot of what people do to their rigs, but IMHO you're better off doing a proper job than a bodge.

Unless you're an experienced welder with sheetmetal, I would second the comment on getting it done professionaly. Mine was done that way and I'm glad it was. Taking out the interior is also a great idea. With mine, the only thing left in the interior that would have blocked the floor at all was the drivers seat we needed to sit in to drive it there.

Back