• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

daily driver doubler?

ljobbins

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I searched a lot here on marlin and on pirate and google and got completely mixed forum results. I was wondering if you can run a daily driver with a doubler and be fine at highway speeds? It seems to me in my head that it should be fine because in 2wd nothing is being touched with different t-case gears but maybe i'm wrong?

Some forums said no problem and some said no so extreme it sounded like you might die if you tried such ridiculousness. It seems like if an atlas can run at speed shouldn't other doublers?

Think about your regular tcase....it doubles (or more) your ratio, and it doesn't scream unless you try to do highway speeds in low range.....I'm like you, not sure why a doubler would be any different.

I haven't driven one, but I did build a NP203/Lomaxx 205 doubler for my old truck, but ended up selling it when plans changed. It was 1-1 thru both cases during normal driving, so no reason for it to 'scream'.

I'm running a Black Box (2.78:1 "doubler") and a 241OR behind it in Gomer, and it's just fine on the highway.

Come up to SocalFest, and you can see it.

David Bricker / SYR

I'm running a Black Box (2.78:1 "doubler") and a 241OR behind it in Gomer, and it's just fine on the highway.

Come up to SocalFest, and you can see it.

David Bricker / SYR

Thanks for the replies.

I wish I could go to there but that is the weekend before finals for school and I am trying to be responsible and finish the semester strong.

Back