• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front drive shaft coupler

el_roy1985

NAXJA Forum User
I took my front drive shaft off with plans of replacing the u-joints but I realized that's not what was causing the annoying squeeking. It's actually the coupler thing that has 2 u-joints on it. It's the inner piece that has some sort of ball joint that is squeeking. I looked and it seems that it has a greese point but it is different from a normal greese point. What should I get or do to greese this thing? Thanks, Jason

That part is called a CV centering assembly or a yoke coupler. If it has a side grease fitting that has a dimple with a hole, it uses a needle grease gun tip. They are available a most auto parts with prices from $3 to $7.

You can disassemble the centering bearings (being very carefull not to loose any needle bearings) and manually lube it yourself. You can buy complete assemblies or just rebuild kits. Try this link. http://rockforddriveline.com/1310pg4.htm

The R2-21-1355 is the complete unit and the 404-0 is the repair kit.

Back