• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My buildup

ponyracer1

NAXJA Forum User
Well I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on NAXJA. You guys have saved me a TON of money and time while building up my heep.

I'll start by posting up my older pics, working my way to the more recent ones. After this weekend I'll have the long arm pics up. Feel free to ask or flame away!!

Mods begin, the first front bumper:

spyshot3.jpg

spyshot2.jpg

RE 5.5 short arm installed:

truck1.jpg

lift6.jpg

Rear TJ flares

postflare1.jpg

Rear bump build, 5X3 3/16 taperd to help match the roll of the tailgate.

bump15-1.jpg

bump16-1.jpg

bump17-1.jpg

bump19-1.jpg

Since these pics were taken I installed 3/16 on the rear rockers bent to follow the body lines.

2nd front bump, also 5X3. About to be a 3rd as I'm installing an 8274 recessed into the grill.

bump8.jpg

Bump7.jpg

Cut out perfectly good rockers so I could gain the 2" I was loosing with my sliders. Replaced with 2X4 3/16

rockers2.jpg

rocker4.jpg

Well thats all I've got for now. I've got tube fenders, roof sliders, roof rack, long arms, 8.8 and HP30 swap, snorkle, shock mods, etc done since these pics were taken. Sorry been wheelin to much!!! I'm redesigning the front fenders again, going to start on the exo this weekend as well as redesign the crossmember and start fabbing it. I'll get some more pics up this weekend.

Please feel free to email or pm me if you want to know something, I have NO probs taking more pics or measuring something.

Last edited:
Thats pretty nice looking, You do the fab work on the bumpers yourself?
If your at the RAF Mildenhall, UK, why does it say Las Vegas, Nevada on your back hatch?

Forgot the pics of the cheap hi steer. RHD draglink and ZJ tie rods with HM engineering flip spacers. You can also see my front cover in these pics, stock d30 cover, 3/16 around the lip, 1/2 plate over the center with 1/2 rod going out to the outer ring.

histeer.jpg

histeer1.jpg

The front end has been redesigned due to clearance issues between the draglink and the swaybar disc mounts.

One of the underside after the rocker install. You can see the 3/16 plated frame in this pic.

Rockers7.jpg

Yes EVERYTHING has been done by me. I'm to cheap to pay anyone to do anything!! The truck was purchased new in Vegas and imported to england by the first owner. I purchased it a few years after she brought it over. She stepped "up?" to an X5.

Thats rear bumper is nice. Only other bumper that Ive seen match the body lines which is important to me is Hanson. That front bumper is also super smooth. Cant wait to see what everything looks like after the first trail.

Nice looking rig. At least you have the time to do the work yourself and it looks good. Rims are a little too shiney tho, not enough wheelin to get them dirty?

First trail?? HAHA These pics are about 6 months old. This truck has been all over england. Here's some action pics for ya.....

ribbo12.jpg

ribbo10.jpg

ribbo7.jpg

SS21.jpg

SS11.jpg

SS6.jpg

I've got more, just have to load them to photobucket.

bubbajeeper said:
Nice looking rig. At least you have the time to do the work yourself and it looks good. Rims are a little too shiney tho, not enough wheelin to get them dirty?

Those wheels were nice but they've been swapped to some other ally ones that aren't so BLING.

bubbajeeper said:
Could you take some pictures of how you did the steering? I'd like to do that same set up to my '93.
Thanks.

Not much to take pics of really, order some flip spacers, drill out the nuckles, weld em in and bolt everything up. The fab comes in when you find out they hit EVERYTHING. I'll get some pics of the axle up this weekend, stay tuned. Oh yea, notice no damper?? No need for one, ZERO bump steer also!!

Here's a few pics of the latest evolution.

My 8274 winch bump/beginning of an EXO

EXO2.jpg

EXO4.jpg

EXO5.jpg

Chop top

Chop15.jpg

Chop19.jpg

Chop21.jpg

Trimmed the quarters

Quarters6.jpg

Quarter4.jpg

Next on the to do list, toyota axles and 39" iroks....

I like the sound of your plan (what kind of Toyota axles? T-case?), original. But that round bar-thing you got going on in the front looks awful, and doesn’t seem to purpose for squat, located below the hood line? Also, that winch mount looks like a rock magnet, how about angling the bottom face a little inwards?

I'm flipping a stock yota front axle over (drivers drop), in the states they made them up to 1985, in england they made them up to the late 90's so there very easy to find.

Far as the tube work, I wanted it low and tight to the body as I've had the huge stingers and pushbars and I wanted to try something different. The bumper is as small as possible and still fits a warn 8274. May be a rock magnet but it doesn't hang any lower than the front Xmember so I'm not to worried.

To each his own I guess.

Ya I'll take some more pics of the rear bump today, gotta get some to put on fleebay anyway. Before anyone asks, RAF Mildenhall is in england and no I can't ship the bump to cali!!!

XJoshua said:
Thats rear bumper is nice. Only other bumper that Ive seen match the body lines which is important to me is Hanson. That front bumper is also super smooth. Cant wait to see what everything looks like after the first trail.

That very same front bumper is now installed on my XJ!!. Thanks again Pony for all your help.

DSC01315.jpg

Back