• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fiberglass race hood for XJ

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
this came off a rolled jeepspeed. its white, already has holes for hood pins, and has about a 6" crack along the front driver side which would be easily repairable if you know your way around fiberglass.

this is NOT a "daily driver" style hood. its paper thin and has no re-enforcement.

i'l get pics when i get home if there is interest.

Make offer.

i dont think its illegal for street use, its just not a heavy durable hood. it will flex at speed, yes. its designed to, to allow more air into the engine compartment. ill go down and get some pics as soon as my wife gets home to watch my baby.

here it is sitting on my MJ for reference
CIMG4700.jpg

its somewhere between 1/8th and 1/4" thick
CIMG4701.jpg

the cracked part
CIMG4702.jpg

CIMG4703.jpg

id like to get somewhere around $50 for this, if you're interested lets talk about a price. most of you have my number, if not PM me. If i dont get what i want for it i'll just fix it and put it on my XJ like i was originally planning on doing, i'd just like it to go to someone who is going to use it instead of it sitting in my garage taking up space.

I'd like to make fiberglass fenders and a hood... shoot might as well make a 1 piece fiberglass front end. I've never worked with 'glass before though so I don't know anything about it.

there's a reason nobody makes a one piece front end for an XJ. look in the jeepspeed section for the fiberglass hood thread. this is a for sale post ;)

that will be the part I have to figure out cause im never down the hill..let me see what I can do, and if anyonecan help me get it..lmk

Back