• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this?

kyle_inreallife

NAXJA Forum User
b1eda0f647169484f294ca3a43f9da48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay that's what I thought...there's no controls for it anywhere on the dash?

If you don't have it on a stalk off the steering wheel or buttons on the steering wheel itself, you have the voice-command version. Give it a try next time you're out. If the vehicle is a Canadian import version, the commands will probably be in French instead of English. The dealer can change the language for you.

If you don't have it on a stalk off the steering wheel or buttons on the steering wheel itself, you have the voice-command version. Give it a try next time you're out. If the vehicle is a Canadian import version, the commands will probably be in French instead of English. The dealer can change the language for you.

Voice command cruise control on an 87 wagoneer?

Does your 87 have cruise?

Does your 87 have cruise?

I would guess it did at some point in it's life. On an 87, I'm pretty sure the cruise controls were on the turn signal stalk There would also be a solenoid under the hood with a cable running to the throttle body.

Last edited:
It should be on the turn signal stalk, when I had to fix the turn signal switch in my 85 wagoneer the other option was for all my options was with cruise control.
If the 87s stalk was broke some time then it could be a PO replaced it on the cheap with a similar but wrong part. Or replaced the whole column at some point with one with different options.

Back