• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wet feet (drip drip)

00xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all

2000 XJ (55k)

My passangers are complaining of wet feet. It looks like there is a small (screwdriver tip size) rectangular hole in this black thingy under the passanger side dashboard. (heater core box?) I can see some silver colored material inside.

No smell or color to the liquid, I'm guessing water.

Leaks with a/c on or off, rain or shine. Engine temp is fine. A/c and heater/ blower work fine.

We could almost swim on that side after driving 10 hours home from Canada. I pulled over and sponged out about a pint of water.

I'm thinking of sealing it with ???? and letting it go.

Any thoughts? It looks like pulling and replacing the lower half of that box would be about impossible.

As always, thanks.

Tom

a/c condensate drain is clogged, causing condensation to collect in the box. There's a tube that discharges below the firewall on the passenger side -- if you can find it, ream it out with a length of thin wire.

How's the coolant level in the pressure bottle? If you need to add more then you've found your leak.

Eagle said:
a/c condensate drain is clogged, causing condensation to collect in the box. There's a tube that discharges below the firewall on the passenger side -- if you can find it, ream it out with a length of thin wire.

Wont I poke a hole in the condencer? I just lightly poked around i there, some water did come out of the drain tube on the firewall.

What about the hole in the bottom of the box?

thanks

Don't go sticking things in there too far, blow it out from the engine compartment side or pull the passenger side carpet and clean it out from the inside.

You should be lying on the floor/driveway UNDER the vehicle. Guys who have done this generally report getting a face full of water when they probe the tube.

Back