• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a little 2 door inspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshdbrooks

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I've got 2 Cherokee's from which to pick to start building. An 87 4 door, with no motor and a peugeot trans, really clean and straight body. And an 88 with a good running 4.0, automatic, semi-clean body (hole in passenger floorboard, and driver's door issues). I am debating on wether to swap the 4.0 and automatic from the 2 door into the 4 door. This would also mean swaping axles or gears, trans cooler, wiring harness, or at least the trans. cont. module. Or to just build the not as clean 2 door.

I guess what I am looking for are opinions on 2 door Cherokees vs 4 door Cherokees. I am a little partial to the 4 doors, I think. But I am also partial to not having to do a motor, trans, axle swap.

Let me hear it: 2 doors are better or 4 doors are better. And Why?

Feel free to include pics of your 2 door or 4 door.

My 2door isn't very impressive. Its a 3" scavanger lift on 31's. I like my 2 door pretty well, doors are bigger than a 4 door. However, I also have a 2y/o and a 4 door would make it easier to get her in and out. Other than that I think it all comes down to preference.

DSCN2360.jpg

DSCN2361.jpg

I love my 2 door! Its a pain to get into the backseat but that doesn't matter to me. It's nice on the highway when you trying to change lanes because of the larger rear windows. They are also more unique than 4 doors. They also look sick lifted.
DSCF4225.jpg

DSCF4230.jpg

The fact is that 4 doors are more passenger friendly and that appeals to certain people. 2 doors do have a unique look and are cool if you mostly only wheel with one passenger.

Picture063-1.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back