• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sat night Meal/Awards/Raffle

Kudzu

NAXJA Forum User
Okay...I've still got a few feelers out but looks like this. We can have it at a resturant and pay $13 per person or we can do it ourselves at the campground.

We will have to bring everything we will need. Tables, chairs, grill, etc.

There is a wal mart close so we can get the basics there.

I am looking into the price of havig a tent set up...

Any one have any suggestions or want to tackle this task. We will need one person to be in charge and they can recurit help.

RedHeep said:
I say cater it and add it to the registration price. There has to be some more options out there for food.

You have not been to Harlan yet have you?

RedHeep said:
You've been to Flat Nasty. We managed a nice meal out there.
Yea but did you do the meal or have it catered? I have 3 tables that I can bring. Two big ones 8' or more long and one 6' or so.

Ghost said:
Yea but did you do the meal or have it catered? I have 3 tables that I can bring. Two big ones 8' or more long and one 6' or so.

It was catered by a local community group. We got good food and the money went to a good cause. There has to be some folks up there like a church women's group or a boy scout troop or somebody that can put a nice buffet together for not a lot of money.

There are more options than contacting the local slop house and paying outrageous prices. I think everyone would enjoy themselves more if you didn't have to worry about bowing out at 1300 on saturday so you could go cook hamburgers.

Well I will be getting some more info about the catering but another quote I got today was $10.99 per person

they are emailing me some more info tomorrow...and I should be able to get a better Idea of price.

Kudzu said:
Well I will be getting some more info about the catering but another quote I got today was $10.99 per person

they are emailing me some more info tomorrow...and I should be able to get a better Idea of price.

Don't forget some of the local places that have meeting rooms, like the VFM and American legion. They usually won't charge a lot of money to use their facility.

There are not any within 40 miles of Harlan or at least not that I have found with internet searches...I have several emails in to the chamber of commerece and other places

Okay..posting up again...Any volunteers want to take on the sat night meal?

Back