• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME woes continued...

bgcntry72

NAXJA Forum User
So I sent my 934 OME coils back to ARB because my rig sat crooked on them and didn't feel right.
I ordered them from Dirk, and they came in a couple of days, in a 934 box with tags on them that said 934. I installed them and everything looked right, and I was happy.
After one weekend of wheeling, the drivers side(where I had installed the taller coil, as is standard with OME stuff) was about 1" lower than the passenger side. I called Dirk, and got redirected to OME. I spoke with Tim Lund in Tech there and he said he had never heard of one stressing and flattening like I am describing. After much go 'round, I had to order another set of 934 coils, which showed a couple of days later. The return shipping label for the old coils was missing, so it cost me $20 to ship them there. Lucky for me I got the 'jobber' rate, so I have that going for me, which is nice.
NOTE:This is the last I heard from Dirk, which surprises me as well.
I sent in my old coils, and the drivers side coil of the new set was a full inch taller than the old set, unweighted.
I installed the new coils, and my new shocks, also from Dirk, and all is well.
Almost.
I spoke with Tim at ARB again today and he says the coils measure out exactly correct for 933's, which I had never heard of.
Apparently they are TJ coils of some flavor.
The crux is, Tim says they are 933s, and I say they were 934s. The tag was torn off, because I don't need the tag any more than I need tags on my clothes and such.
He would not refund my account for the coils, and said he would call Dirk and have Scott in Customer Service call me back.
I now have the best riding set of $275 OME coils ever in the front of my rig.
I used to swear by OME stuff, but this is enough to make a guy seriously reconsider his alliances.
More to come, if anyone decides to return a call.
:soapbox:

Last edited:
Have you considered a diet to resolve the coil sagging issue? :D

CRASH

So I got a call from Scott in customer service, and they plan to issue me a check for the 'jobber' rate of the coils, or $125, less a new steering stabilizer that I needed. Still out the shipping, and still nothing from Dirk.
No one will admit that a mistake was made, either by the coil failing, or by me being sent the wrong ones.
I spent a lot of money on my first OME lift, and even more to go a mere inch taller, because I love the ride.
This, however, has been a pain in the arse, and I will stop recommending OME stuff until I find someone decent to buy it from.
Hasta.

EDIT:I will consider a diet, as soon as I finish this reuben and Guinness.
:D

bgcntry72 said:
So I got a call from Scott in customer service, and they plan to issue me a check for the 'jobber' rate of the coils, or $125, less a new steering stabilizer that I needed. Still out the shipping, and still nothing from Dirk.
No one will admit that a mistake was made, either by the coil failing, or by me being sent the wrong ones.
I spent a lot of money on my first OME lift, and even more to go a mere inch taller, because I love the ride.
This, however, has been a pain in the arse, and I will stop recommending OME stuff until I find someone decent to buy it from.
Hasta.

EDIT:I will consider a diet, as soon as I finish this reuben and Guinness.
:D

I will have to say that maybe you threw in the towel pretty quick. I worked with Dirk on getting a correct driveshaft length over 6 months after I orignaly got it from RE (the one I had, worked, but it should have been longer). Anyways, he was very helpful! In regards to missing return tags... boy I could tell you stories about those: there are about 4 tags that I had to fight for from differnt vendors at different times who have all claimed to have sent the tags to me: If all else fails, they (vendor) can generate a return tag and then FAX it to you (for UPS at least) and ups will take it like that (as long as your fax machine produces legible printouts).

In regards to wrong coils... hmmm I'd also dispute that with manufacturer: things happen and you called it fairly quick. Be polite but firm (rude/snappy/annoying is the last resort at the point where you threaten to call you credit card to halt payment).

Adament...

These were NOT the wrong coils.
The originals that were sent back said OME 934 on the tags, same as the new ones.
The truck sat correct until after one weekend of wheeling, and then the drivers side was 1" lower. With the new coils, it is again correct.
The tech at OME has cranial/rectal inversion, and refuses to admit that a coil failed. If it sat crooked when I put them in, I would have taken them out and sent them back that day.
When I took them out, the new drivers coil was 1" taller than the original drivers coil, and the passenger side ones were exactly the same length.
Wasting my money and time, and insulting my intelligence is not the way to build customer loyalty.
As for Dirk, still no contact since he told me to call OME with my complaints, and this after I have left two messages.
Defend him all you want, I am not impressed thus far. He pawned me off on OME and left me for dead.
Both parties can cram it sideways, with walnuts.
Hasta.

Better...

Well, I got credit for the coils, but lost out in shipping, so its all good.
Dirk called, and we aired it out, and we are also good.
In fact, I may be ordering a new set of HD leafs from him soon.
Thanks for listening, it may not have done much for you, but I feel better.
Hasta.

Back