• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Glueing Power Steering Reservoir return tube

L92XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Yep, busted the return tube that goes into the power steering reservior. Has anybody had success glueing it back on? And if so, what'd you use? (can't buy just the reservior, of course)

lcsxj said:
Yep, busted the return tube that goes into the power steering reservior. Has anybody had success glueing it back on? And if so, what'd you use? (can't buy just the reservior, of course)

Never heard of this problem but JBWeld seems to be a solution worth trying. Get all surfaces very clean and oil free first though. Good luck

I am not sure of your question. When I changed my return line I used a hose clamp to hold the hose in place. Are you replacing the hose OR has the nipple borken off the reservoir?

If the nipple has broken off the reservoir then I'd consider a replacement tank not trying to glue it back together. You may want to just go buy a rebuilt pump with reservoir at your local parts store, I checked a few on line and they start around $60.

If you do that you might as well change out the hoses. I went into detail about that in the past week on here.

You may want to call a few parts stores and ask about a reservoir. If you just want to change the reservoir you may have to go to the junk yard and pick one up there.

Hey my u-joint just snapped, I can just put a little bit of Elmers on the output shaft off the tranny and it should hold right. :wstupid: :twak: Do this and your power steering pump will likely :puke: sometime shortly. :doh: (n) :looser:

Even though I found some Epoxy rated for 3500 psi and 500 degrees, I still chickened out and bought a rebuilt for $60. New hoses too. Thanks for the input!

Back