• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley on Sat 11/14?

the_weirdo

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm thinking about running Deer Valley one last time before the snow hits (assuming Hwy 4 stays open). Tentatively thinking about Sat 11/14. Would meet in San Jose at 6AM and Livermore at 7AM; then make it to the trail by 10:30AM. We will run the trail all the way thru and then decide to run it back or take the pass; maybe run Slickrock if time permits. Plan to be back in the Bay Area around 9PM or so, depending if/how long we stop for dinner. It's just tentative now, but should be finalized on Weds night.

Anyone else interested?

Josh the_weirdo

It will most likely be closed tomrrow. It is supposed to snow tomorrow up there... They usually block off the pass just before alpine at the first sign of a storm.

Yeah, we're hoping for the best. We'll find out Weds night/Thurs morning if the pass is open and go from there.

I want to go. Let's hope the pass stays open.

Agh!! I wish I could guys. But im up in far norcal. Of course!

If you go, take pics for me! My favorite trail!

Sean - that's a terrible excuse. It's only a 7 hour drive for you. Leave at 3AM, meet us at the trail at 10:30AM, get home by 2AM. It's not even a full 24hrs.

Agh!! I wish I could guys. But im up in far norcal. Of course!

If you go, take pics for me! My favorite trail!

Even if Hwy 4 closes we might go in the 88 side, drive the trail North to South, turn around go South to North, then head home. I prefer to go in the Hwy 4 side but beggars cannot be choosers.

We'll see if it all comes together tomorrow. Right now there is a 70% chance that we are going. We'll see how it all shakes out in the next 24 hrs or so.

Josh

I want to go. Let's hope the pass stays open.

Haha, I actually lol'd at that.

I would man. But if that was the case I'd camp, and run slick rock too. I can't afford the gas right now. :(

I'm out for Saturday. Daughter has a cheer competition on Saturday and I'm her biggest fan. Sunday is open and I am jonesing to get out.

If you make it up there be safe and have fun.

I will be up in Mckinleyville tomarrow for lunch, I hope to do some snow wheeling after lunch. I will see how far i can go up hwy 4 from hwy 89 on the nevada side.

Back