• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any recommendations for machine shops in the littleton/denver area?

Got a cyl head that i wanna get all set up so i can swap it into the heep and get it ready to sell. Btw thanks raptor on the awesome deal on the head!

Anyone have any recommendations for machine shops in the littleton/denver area?

Got a cyl head that i wanna get all set up so i can swap it into the heep and get it ready to sell. Btw thanks raptor on the awesome deal on the head!

Your welcome!

I had a buddy of mine recommend one to me, but it's out here in Aurora. Don't know if you want to travel that far. He's a DSM'er, and has taken all his heads to him. Lemme know if you want the info.

Scott

Well pretty much an xj. If i don't find one by the time troy has the green one at the lot done then ill be gettin that one... But scott post up the info. Ill see how much they charge and what not.

Ack. I went to do this earlier, and got side tracked. Sorry Kief.

Heads by Drew
343 Airport Blvd # 160
Aurora, CO 80011-934

Phone - 303-364-2904

If you decide to give them a call and what, post up what you find out. If/when I do mine, I was going to take it to him.

Scott

Calling and asking questions here in a minute... Ill let ya know what the price is like

My local shop quoted 180 for a valve job excluding parts. 40 for planing i think and 40 for just looking at it.

I must be missing something. You got a late model at a great deal and are fixing the head, why you gonna sell it?

I must be missing something. You got a late model at a great deal and are fixing the head, why you gonna sell it?

Not so great a deal.......

It'll make someone a good daily driver once the head is fixed, but for dumping $$$ into for mods/off road goodies....... he's discovered it ain't right for that.

One thing that Kiefer is consistent about..... he's an impulse buyer. He's said it himself, he shoulda looked it over better, took a little time.

LOL. Pot....... kettle...... black.:eyes::looney:

Hey I'm not giving him a hard time for it. Just curious why. I wasn't aware there were other issues with it besides the head.

Seemed like a decent deal. Never seen it in person but it looks pretty clean. Even with needing a little work 2300 isn't bad. Hell it's cheaper than other people would want for a late model needing work.......

oh, I know... I'M the one giving a hard time, in4afleetofvehiclesinlessthanayear... :gee:

Not so great a deal.......

It'll make someone a good daily driver once the head is fixed, but for dumping $$$ into for mods/off road goodies....... he's discovered it ain't right for that.

One thing that Kiefer is consistent about..... he's an impulse buyer. He's said it himself, he shoulda looked it over better, took a little time.

Do tell. :D

Look into Heads by Paul.

They're located off of Santa fe (can't remember the other cross street). They do some great work.

I've heard of this guy as well. Another couple of DSMers I use to know went to this guy. Glad to finally hear someone else has experience with him.

They're really close to blast tech, where I get parts sand blasted/powder coated.

Scott

Back