• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake upgrades?

540ismiley

NAXJA Forum User
I was owndering if there are any brake upgrades for the xj? i am looking for caliper upgrades, to make it stop a little beter. Anyone have any answers?
thanks
josh

If you have a pre-95 you can put the newer larger master cylinder in. I don't really know of any rotor upgrades. You could always do a rear disk setup if you have a d44 or 8.25 rear end.

If you get the 1986 Ford E350 master cylinder, make sure and swap in a late model XJ dual diaphram vacuum booster, otherwise your pedal pressure will be quite high. I know.

Tom Houston

How much "better" you need it to stop depends on how many mods you have done already (i.e. how big your tires and wheels are over stock size.)

There are not many easy caliper mods, but then again, most XJ's don't lack sufficient caliper size nor drum size. What they usually lack is sufficient POWER BOOST at the master cylinder.

There are lots of ways to solve this. Use the search tool, and you can pick the solution that meets your desires.

Back