NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old October 6th, 2017, 16:38
NAXJA Forum User

Lift and parts question

Hey everyone I'm new to the wheeling scene. I know my way around tools as I used to be a heavy duty diesel mechanic and did lots of fab work.
Picked up a winter project 92 2door 4.0L 5speed all stock and stripped interior. This is going to be a "Trailer Queen" Trail use only!
I have an 8.8 31 spline rear end thats going in, I have a disc brake kit for it too.

My question for optimum flex and lift where should I go?
Lift I'm thinking 5.5" to 6.5"? Tire size 35s. Long arm or short arm kit? Springs in the rear or leafs? Gears 4.56, Rear end either welded or spoiled? Front axle lunchbox locker? SYE kit? Shackle relocation kit? Not sure what else would be needed. I just want to build a flexing go anywhere machine.

For any of the parts you recommend what company do you recommend going with?
Old October 7th, 2017, 09:08
NAXJA Supporting Vendor

Re: Lift and parts question

Sent ya PM.