• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre-Production Sneak Peak at Boostwerks Comp Mount

This.

BTW, Sunex makes a socket that is "extra deep" that will work. https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-2-Inch...23457&sr=8-1&keywords=extra+deep+1+1/4+socket

I'll add it to the website for reference.

And about the same price as my route too....minus the welding wire/gas.

NAPA also sells an extra deep one, but it takes a week to order, and it is about 5 bucks more.

Not sure if it would be enough tho, as their 'deep' socket didn't even cover 1/2 of the extended nut.

Last edited:
I'm interested in more preorder info too!

Website hasn't been updated yet but they are now available. Contact Bryson.

Ordered mine and it's in the mail. I've seen pictures of the final product. Looks tasty with the black hammered powder coat finish. He also spent a huge amount of time and energy getting the details right to make this great product for us. Bravo!

TX1wDJ9.jpg

Quick note: The extra deep socket needed for the sector nut changed from 1 3/8" to 1 1/4". https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YKK89C/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2UJ8VYWP9IQXM&colid=139BPCG0PTLJ9&psc=0

I should also send props to the prototype testers whose time and feedback helped develop this as well. Anak I know from the start of this thread. Some of his images are in the final instructions. Others I don't know but thank you all. :clap:

:party:

Sounds like this is just in time for Christmas.

Nice work Bryson.

:party:

Sounds like this is just in time for Christmas.

Nice work Bryson.

Thanks man! I really appreciate your help! :cheers:

I have plenty in stock with more parts on the way. I should hopefully have them up on the website in the next couple days.

BTW, I also have a new free-spool adapter that will work with most Warn winches now available. It allows you to use any common 3/8" ratchet extension to access the winch through your bumper.

24130017_1964201230463672_5256420828420768642_n.jpg

23915683_1964201237130338_3508176801923649400_n.jpg

24176697_1964201287130333_3967961718510799608_n.jpg

I'm so glad to hear this is getting released! Before I scream "TAKE MY MONEY!" What's the price point on this? Will it be available in bare metal? Aside from the free spool adaptor and a winch, is there anything else required to complete installation, or is it a mostly comprehensive kit?

Thanks. Looks great!

I'm so glad to hear this is getting released! Before I scream "TAKE MY MONEY!" What's the price point on this? Will it be available in bare metal? Aside from the free spool adaptor and a winch, is there anything else required to complete installation, or is it a mostly comprehensive kit?

Thanks. Looks great!

-Sway bar drop brackets if you want to run a sway bar.
-creative way to mount winch controller or buy one from Bryson.
-Also may need to extend your winch to controller cables.
-Extra deep 1-1/4", socket if you want to technically correctly set sector nut (pitman arm).

Thanks man! I really appreciate your help! :cheers:

I have plenty in stock with more parts on the way. I should hopefully have them up on the website in the next couple days.

BTW, I also have a new free-spool adapter that will work with most Warn winches now available. It allows you to use any common 3/8" ratchet extension to access the winch through your bumper.

24130017_1964201230463672_5256420828420768642_n.jpg

23915683_1964201237130338_3508176801923649400_n.jpg

24176697_1964201287130333_3967961718510799608_n.jpg

Sweet!!

That looks like a much better idea than trying to weld an extension to the original lever.

PM incoming.

ETA: These are already on the website and ready to be ordered.

Last edited:
Got mine in the mail yesterday! Thanks Bryson. Looks like a very nice part. After I spend the weekend replacing my heater core I will have to get to installing it.

Kevin

Next step is to mount the winch in the Comp Mount. I knew I needed to rotate the gear box 180 degrees. Warn has a brief note about this very thing right here:

Link: https://www.warn.com/blog/2011/09/2..._winch_end_housing_to_fit_an_arb_bumper.shtml

And because links seem to go dead over time, the text of that reads as follows:

To make the clutch handle easily accessible, stand the winch up on end so the housing is straight up in the air. Next, remove the 10 screws from the end housing then you can lift the winch up about a 1/4" and rotate it every two holes to the desired position. Reinstall the screws and you are done.

I tried to rotate my M8000 180 degrees but there was a slight gap (about 1mm) between the ring gear and drum support when the screws aligned. My winch is brand new so the gaskets were not torn. If I took out the screws and turned the ring gear slightly it would seat tightly against the Drum Support but then the screws wouldn't align again.

I completely removed the Ring Gear to see why it wouldn't seat with the Drum Support. What I found was The Ring Gear teeth align to fixed raised teeth in the Drum Support. Noticed the gear teeth next to the ten screw holes adjacent to the Ring Gear had a repeating pattern every two holes.

Then I re-read this from the Warn web site:
To make the clutch handle easily accessible, stand the winch up on end so the housing is straight up in the air. Next, remove the 10 screws from the end housing then you can lift the winch up about a 1/4" and rotate it every two holes to the desired position. Reinstall the screws and you are done.

Therefore the Free-spool lever can be turned every 72 degrees which doesn't compute to 180 degrees. Positions would be, 0, 72, 144, 216, & 288 degrees.I wrote Warn Industries to ask what specific damage could result if I left it at 180 degree but sealed the gap.

Hear is the reply:
"I cannot recommend leaving a gap there sir. If rotation of the winch housing is needed to fit in a particular bumper then you have the option of every other hole. It would also viod the warranty if the winch were to malfunction." MK

Of course Warn took the easy route answering my question but those teeth in the Drum Support were engineered to carry the rotational load not the ten screws.

Curious if anyone has had any issues with winch damage or water infiltration clocking 180 degrees not every 72 Degrees (star pattern).

Just to be clear. I really like the design of the comp mount and mounting the winch in the same direction of the pull. Winch free-spool clocking to 180 degrees isn't a game changer for me. I'm just making sure I don't cause a problem down the road when I need to rely on the winch.

Back