• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

Nice

Hi guys! Don't forget about me!

So jeep has just been sitting. I really have had zero time over the past, pretty much, year. Life has calmed down a bit. Now it's time to get back to it!

I started a list of items i'd like to go back and fix, replace, or change. I've ordered a welder, chop saw, and other things so I can do my own exhaust. I want to drive this thing again!
https://flic.kr/p/CW6rAq

5hzHcsF.jpg

Good to see you back after it :)

for the t-case adapter it helps to coat the survace the t-case input seal sitts against with rtv. i did that along with the ear plug trick and havent had an issue..with that leaking at least

for the t-case adapter it helps to coat the survace the t-case input seal sitts against with rtv. i did that along with the ear plug trick and havent had an issue..with that leaking at least

I have the entire seal coated right now with permatex red and it still leaks.

I picked up some Mopar RTV that I'll be using this time.

2.5" is what I run, did a lot of testing. No real benifit to running 3" with a stock 5.3. I also have a dump right after my cats and I have checked fuel trims and MAF readings and they are the same at WOT both with the exhaust dumped and running it all the way out the back. My guess is maybe a 10hp loss at anything over 4k rpms but really have nothing to back that statement up. I would run 2.5" for ease of install and long term longevity (rock clearance etc).

Anyone know a source for that y-pipe, non-stainless?

EDIT: nevermind, surprisingly inexpensive at Summit, and on the way...

Last edited:
If I were to build an exhaust any Idea on what bends I would need for the header back?

I think I'm going to do 2 1/4" from the header to a 3" collector and back.

Just ordered a Hobart 210MVP, Evolution Rage 3 chop saw, 2lb spool of stainless wire, and some welcome welding PPE.

I'd like to build a welding cart and a welding table so I have some work surfaces.

Good looking setup. I'm using the same style manifolds. I wish I would have used V-bands.

Gosh. Why are LS1 intake manifolds so expensive??

Because everyone figured out that they make nearly the same power as a $400 FAST intake.

the early LS1 (97-00) manifolds are not so expensive. but the late LS1 (01-) are the same like LS6 monifolds and they are expensive.
I bought the early LS1 for 200,-

97-01 I think are all the same. LS6 are 02-04. I've gotten lucky and picked up a couple 97-01s locally for under $200. I use a Craigslist notification extension for Chrome :) Checks for what I am searching for every 5 minutes.

PS:
Don't forget about Speewday Motors:
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Comb...eader-Tubing-Mild-Steel-2-1-2-Inch,67444.html

Last edited:
Back