• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clockspring- Non-Cruise versus Cruise equipped

burntkat

NAXJA Member #1145
Folks-

Vehicle is my son's 97. While replacing the steering box I was dumb enough to turn the wheel. In doing so the clock spring was destroyed.

Now Cruise and horn do not work.

I looked up the part for replacement and all I can find is a non-cruise equipped part. Anyone know where I might obtain a clock spring for a 97 with cruise?

I have had very good results with used clock spring assemblies. The airbag system is self testing, so any faulty parts will be immediately discovered. I have read, but cannot prove, that the TJ Wrangle and the XJ Cherokee use the same clock spring assemblies.

I suppose I will get a TJ similar year clockspring through Amazon and if it isn't right I will send it back.

The cruise control units are pricey. After my act of stupidity bleeding the power steering I was lucky enough to find one at a P&P.
If you end up with a used one make sure (that it is centered) to center it and your steering wheel before installing.

Last edited:
Back