• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.6 build starts today!!!

Torque = HP x 5252 / RPM

Torque = 227 x 5252 / 3000 = 397

This right here is the issue I'm having. If you're making 227 hp at 3000 rpm, why aren't you making more up higher? Those formulas only compare hp and torque at a specific point (rpm). They do not compare peak torque to peak HP. Which is what you said....227 peak hp, 397 peak torque.

This right here is the issue I'm having. If you're making 227 hp at 3000 rpm, why aren't you making more up higher? Those formulas only compare hp and torque at a specific point (rpm). They do not compare peak torque to peak HP. Which is what you said....227 peak hp, 397 peak torque.

I see what your saying, but my heads been spinning the last couple days looking at all the different pages. I wished I had gotten a electronic version like my Logworks program that displays all the numbers at any given point in time. I will go over all the sheets later today with extreme scrutiny!

I'm not going to dispute the guy's numbers, however, 325lbs of torque is about what I would expect @ 3200rpm.

I've seen stroker graphs, numbers fall off, drastically, at 3200rpm, these are bottom end engines.

I've yet to see anything impressive from anyone who has built a stroker, further, every supper charge build I've followed, the blower got pulled off eventually.

I've got a shitload of money and time into my 4banger, she's a screamer for what she is........but..........I'd never do this again.

In 4th gear.....

My print-outs show every shift and RPM. If you do the math

Torque = HP x 5252 / RPM

Torque = 227 x 5252 / 3000 = 397.4

I've done business with John and a semi-competitor business with him for over 40 yrs. Either way I didn't go to them for HP/Torque numbers. I went to them to see if my AFR's are good with my new injectors. I attribute the extreme numbers(based on my past big valve/port & polish jobs) to Russ's headwork which was incredible based on my own work!

"Torque = 227 x 5252 / 3000 = 397.4"

This isn't correct BTW. You didn't make 227hp at 3000RPM. You made 227 at an assumed 4500-5000RPM.

When I got back up this morning, I was going to get my calipers and start measuring/scaling, WTF! I decided to call Loper's and see what they could do for me. It turns out that they can print it up with the parameters you want! READ IT AND WEAP!!!!!!!!!!
P1080524_zpsw9vnphfj.jpg

P1080525_zpstgxkklqg.jpg

Just looking it over and noticed the speed also. 95mph at 3600rpm? I don't know your tire/gear combo...but was that in overdrive? It seems like if they had done it in drive, rpm would have been able to go higher (without crazy wheel speed) and your HP numbers would be higher...like a few of us suspect they should be to match the torque.

My $.02. I think if you redyno in drive (1:1) you see 300ish HP at 5000 rpm.

Honestly I really want to see the dyno run done to full rpm...the build is awesome and I think the numbers will show it!

There are 2 reasons for that.............
1 - Once max readings start to fall your just revving until the valves float
2 - My tire info was input into the computer before any sessions began, which are Q rated(max 100 mph)

There are 2 reasons for that.............
1 - Once max readings start to fall your just revving until the valves float
2 - My tire info was input into the computer before any sessions began, which are Q rated(max 100 mph)

Your valves aren't floating at 3600.

Look to my first post here........3200rpm and you're done.

Since you are making torque to 3600 and since you made nearly 400lbs of torque.......you've done well.

These engines are done near 3500rpm, your engine fell flat on it's face which is exactly what I would expect. To answer the other guys question, there is no reason to run up to 5000rpm, there is nothing there, notta.

Dyno numbers will allow you to tune, let you know where your engine is making power, give you bragging rights.......but.......in the real world, numbers don't mean much. Trans, gearing, tire size, traction.......all that....in the real world, on the street.

Air flow, air flow, air flow.......these engines do not flow. Intake and exhaust limit you for one......cam choice would be another.......I don't recall you mentioning any of that, intakes suck for sure. If anything the intake is smothering any chance of making power above 3500rpm.

Guys expect something that is not there, will never be there.

If you are making close to 400lbs torque..........you got a good puller, you did well.

These engines are done near 3500rpm, your engine fell flat on it's face which is exactly what I would expect. To answer the other guys question, there is no reason to run up to 5000rpm, there is nothing there, notta.

I disagree. My stroker pulls hard well above 4000 rpm. The peak hp IS above 4000rpm.
And it's one of the oldest stockist strokers around. Doesn't have half of what this engine has done for airflow...this engine would show higher HP numbers if run in drive and allowed to rev.

Bragging rights are important...run it again! :soapbox:

I disagree. My stroker pulls hard well above 4000 rpm. The peak hp IS above 4000rpm.
And it's one of the oldest stockist strokers around. Doesn't have half of what this engine has done for airflow...this engine would show higher HP numbers if run in drive and allowed to rev.

Bragging rights are important...run it again! :soapbox:

I'm not going to argue about any of this.............I really could care less.

I'm not suggesting it's can't run past 5000rpm..........I'm not suggesting it's not making any power above 4000rpm.

You are talking peak number here........dyno runs.

And for what it's worth-

You can drop in a SBC crate engine for $1600 and get better numbers.......again, none of this stroker shit impresses me, chasing the wind.

Then piss off!

People here obviously do care about strokers still.

+1. If nobody cares about strokers then why are they still being done? It's easier to pull a motor, bore and stroke and flow the head and set it back in than it is to gut 2 cars and do a whole driveline swap. It's simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to call some bullshit there. Mine pulls hard to about 6000, and has seen 7000 passing a few times.

You can't really apply your experience with stock engines to these that are heavily modified.

Or I suppose you can, you've already long proven that between you and I, we know everything there is to know about AMC I6's. You know everything except that you're an ignorant tool, and I know that.

I didn't set out to build a stroker and I didn't set any HP goals! My 2000 0331 head finally(after 15yrs) started a rebuild in my future. So if I'm going to rebuild it, it's going to be built like all my builds with the best parts that I can find. Keep in mind that this is my only vehicle and due to my HC I rely on it extremely. Even more HP could be made(more free flow exhaust/more cam) but it has to pass vehicle emissions and be very driveable!

I'm going to call some bullshit there. Mine pulls hard to about 6000, and has seen 7000 passing a few times.

You can't really apply your experience with stock engines to these that are heavily modified.

Or I suppose you can, you've already long proven that between you and I, we know everything there is to know about AMC I6's. You know everything except that you're an ignorant tool, and I know that.

Corvette supercharged GenV cuts fuel off at 6600 and the Demon relines at 6500. And you are telling me that you are pulling through 7K? with your POS? I know better.

You are a liar, I'll call you straight out.

And, it's you who always makes it personal..........you, not me.

Corvette supercharged GenV cuts fuel off at 6600 and the Demon relines at 6500. And you are telling me that you are pulling through 7K? with your POS? I know better.

You are a liar, I'll call you straight out.

And, it's you who always makes it personal..........you, not me.
I'm sorry...did you really just use 2 roots type supercharged engines to argue about redlines?

Do some research dumbass, roots blowers make all there power down low...it is inherent to their design. Why do you think it's impossible for an i6 to turn 7k?? Because yours doesn't? Newsflash, you're not the only person in the universe to ever have a jeep i6.

I'm sorry...did you really just use 2 roots type supercharged engines to argue about redlines?

Do some research dumbass, roots blowers make all there power down low...it is inherent to their design. Why do you think it's impossible for an i6 to turn 7k?? Because yours doesn't? Newsflash, you're not the only person in the universe to ever have a jeep i6.

Dumbass? that's the best you got?

I've done my research, you two are full of shit.

Back