NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old June 24th, 2017, 13:38
NAXJA Member

'89 Renix AW4 damaged shift shaft

1989 Cherokee pioneer, 4.0l, AW4, Np242.
I foolishly damaged the shift shaft and the seal on my AW4 when I was attempting to remove the old N.S.S. I would like to find a replacement shifter shaft and seal, but what I don't know is if I have to find a donor Renix era jeep, or if I can use one from a later model AW4?
Does anyone know of a source for these parts besides the junkyard? So far the local pick and pull has not had any Cherokees on the lot when I have had a free weekend. I found a used AW4 on Kijiji out of town for $100, but it is from a '98. Any advice would be appreciated.

I also can't get the reverse lights to work since swapping to a new parts store NSS, but I have a suspicion that my problem is the connector. When I get the other parts I need and remove and reinstall the NSS, then I'll try to diagnose that issue. My motivation and free time for this project have been in short supply since my son was born in 2015. Thanks!

Sean