NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old November 3rd, 2013, 07:41
NAXJA Forum User

Re: YJ accessory bracket install

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would share what I have found so far. I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee which of course has the coil pack. With the YJ bracket and the coil pack the A/C compressor cannot be mounted. The compressor hits the coil pack on the back and side.

I'm working on making an adapter plate to move the A/C compressor to the left to clear the coil pack.

Last edited by Jeepsaurus; November 3rd, 2013 at 07:42. Reason: spelling correction
Old November 8th, 2013, 16:21
NAXJA Forum User

Or go with the Viper coil. Google "viper coil mod talyn", if memory serves. Might be easier than moving your AC
Old December 2nd, 2013, 09:04
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian19 View Post
Or go with the Viper coil. Google "viper coil mod talyn", if memory serves. Might be easier than moving your AC
That is awesome. I actually just swapped in a AC bracket from a '93 or '94 XJ. It's basically the same bracket on the '01 but with the idler pulley.

So, when adding the AC bracket from the '93, with the idler pulley and removing the clutch fan from the belt routing... I could re-use the stock belt.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 19:45
NAXJA Forum User

A 4 cylinder XJ fan shroud would put the fan center so you have an option for non electric fan...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-01-2-5-OE...146 5&vxp=mtr
Old February 12th, 2016, 23:51
I have not Confirmed, or I used a BAD email Addy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehall View Post
After a couple of days it's apparent that the upper hose is making contact with the hood. It's a little more oval now, but not in any risk of being pinched shut. Might be something for others to give thought to but I'm personally not bothered by it yet.
Sorry to dig up a very old thread, but I was wondering... I am in the process of getting everything I need to do this mod so I can run a Taurus fan. My question is if you ended up running the 87-90 upper radiator hose for this and if so, how is it working for you?
Old February 13th, 2016, 06:01
NAXJA Member

Very Nice
Old February 13th, 2016, 17:06
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloboy406 View Post
Sorry to dig up a very old thread, but I was wondering... I am in the process of getting everything I need to do this mod so I can run a Taurus fan. My question is if you ended up running the 87-90 upper radiator hose for this and if so, how is it working for you?
That is exactly what is needed. It routes around and behind the AC compressor on its way to the radiator. I did build a bracket to mimic that found on the early XJ's to support the outside (side closest to the fender) leg of the hose. Mine was installed about six years ago and working flawless.

1996 XJ; 4.0L; AW4; NP231; SYE; D30 and D44; ECTED; 4.10 gears; 30X9.5 -15 BFG/AT/KO; 3" lift; Rusty's LCA; JKS ADJ UCA; Kevins ADJ Track bar; Drawtite Front Receiver; Dual Electric Fans; Dual Battaries.
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:00
I have not Confirmed, or I used a BAD email Addy

Quote:
Originally Posted by techno1154 View Post
That is exactly what is needed. It routes around and behind the AC compressor on its way to the radiator. I did build a bracket to mimic that found on the early XJ's to support the outside (side closest to the fender) leg of the hose. Mine was installed about six years ago and working flawless.
Thanks Techno. Do you think that a bracket to support the hose is really necessary? Also, are you running your pulleys like ehall is in this thread? If so, how's it working out for you?
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:06
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloboy406 View Post
I *think* I used a 95+ upper hose. It was a little longer so it moved back off the bolts, without going all the way behind the compressor
Old April 6th, 2017, 15:53
NAXJA Member

and let the grave digging begin! is there a sticky with a complete BOM for this mod?