NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old March 4th, 2017, 14:37
NAXJA Forum User

Alternate oil pressure port?

I want to run a mechanical oil pressure gauge, but not disable the stock gauge. Don't want a dead gauge in the cluster. With the wire and plug being pretty short and the oil filter being there, I would prefer not to put a T at the stock location. Is there another location that I can pick up oil pressure on a 97 4.0? Stock unit goes crazy on occasion, but verified pressure with mech gauge. That is the reason I want a mechanical.
Old March 4th, 2017, 14:47
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Alternate oil pressure port?

Not that I'm aware of.

Search for pics of a full mech cluster, easy to do with the '97 cluster arrangement.

Otherwise.......go to the JY or get an aftermarket oil filter adapter, drill and tap for 1/8npt on the pressure side............enjoy your new gauge.