NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old June 16th, 2016, 03:51
NAXJA Forum User

Rear leaf sliders - Install

Here you can see how the rear sits lower, but I really love how everything's tucked up nice and high!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old December 5th, 2016, 04:48
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Rear leaf sliders - Install

Update: Took 'er out again for this past Black Friday and still have zero issues with the sliders themselves. The "plastic" slides were a concern with the sandy soil at the park we ride at.. I expected it to be pretty abrasive.. but (knock on wood), they're staying nice and tight to date (granted, they've only been out twice since the install).

One of the guys I wheel with just got himself some new leafs from dpgoffroad.com. They deal with OME springs iirc and they will basically build you custom leaf packs based on your vehicle, load and riding style. I'll likely be letting them know my application & measurements to see if they can whip something up for me, so I'll definitely keep this post updated with that as it transpires. Until that happens, I've gotta get my DD and tow rig back up to snuff, then the XJ will be getting the Eaton e-locker installed in the front D30.. DEFINITELY looking forward to that!!

Anyone have any experience with DPG Offroad or OME's "custom" leaf packs?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old December 8th, 2016, 17:53
NAXJA Member

Re: Rear leaf sliders - Install

I did not catch what spring length you are looking for but I'm running d150 van springs. 3" of lift stock pack and longer rear from center pin. I chose these of the chevy springs to shift the axle back.

Also, what's in the next shop bay? A tubbed dead sled.

Last edited by csailors; December 8th, 2016 at 17:57.