• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

if the input shaft of the T-case doesn't go into the trans far enough you end up with leak due to one of the two seals (one trans and one t-case) not sealing on the OD of the Tcase input shaft. I had that problem when I added a flip ring between the tcase and tranny. I used a "seal saver" kit to extend the input shaft sealing surface.

So I've come to the realization that the beast is not going to be finished to take it to Pismo. We move next week and we had to pay down a credit card which took all of my Jeep money. The rest of our assets are going to the new house and new furniture. I also have to get the garage packed up and ready to go. Looks like it's going on the back burner for at least a couple more months.

Looks damn good though!

Last edited:
Lookin good buddy. It will get there. I worked on mine over 6 months and its still really not done yet. Good luck with the move.

Do you have a good size garage you are moving into?

Lookin good buddy. It will get there. I worked on mine over 6 months and its still really not done yet. Good luck with the move.

Do you have a good size garage you are moving into?

Our new house has a 3 car garage. It has a 2 car and a single "swing" garage. So the single will be the workshop and the double for both cars.

I'm coming from a 2 car and the workshop takes up half.

So i took it for a little test spin.

It's leaking still. Not sure why. Maybe I jacked up that interior seal during install? I put a nice healthy bead of red RTV on the inside which should be the best at keeping oils in. Then again trans fluid is basically a solvent.

Not sure what to do. I'll probably call AA on Tuesday.

I did mine twice with poor results.

Its the second (not used) clocking hole on the AA adapter. I had the same problem, drove me insane! You need to coat an earplug in RTV for each of the clocking holes not used (or weld them shut). Its a wet trunion so it will constantly leak unless you plug the unused holes. Kind of a poor design on AA's part. It doesn't fit the NP231 case right, they shouldn't have used extra holes.

Looks awesome BTW. Just took mine to Burning Man and got 15.2 mpg towing a trailer! Pismo should be fun.

Alright dudes! 2 months since the last post on this! Unfortunately/Fortunately (you'll see) there havent been any updates to the Jeep. I'm finally getting settled in the new garage and figuring out where the tools work best.

E0C5F939-05EA-4EFF-B73F-EFBA8D020664_zpsitnknbzo.jpg

I bought a new TV for the house too!
11301AD9-A0B1-43EE-8B49-DC044339495F_zpsindeblol.jpg

DF0AFE73-A088-40D1-8992-0C5CE7B7BFB3_zpselzucaiv.jpg

I promise i still have the Jeep!
9E8A17E1-2E73-42FA-A8C6-FB405C9CBF38_zpswbnebnjh.jpg

So the reason for not updating this recently is because of this. My wife and I are having our first! She's due April 18 which puts her at 17 weeks.
D70C52FD-1A93-4A64-B169-7D8E5D13C856_zpsb21t4ack.jpg

We found out a couple of days ago what we're having! It's a boy!
9AD690B2-2FA3-4510-B2BD-EFE5FFFD0A5A_zpsconq7f9y.jpg

Congratulations man :) Nice house too.

Just read through this whole build, dude AMAZING WORK!! I've been researching for the last couple weeks on doing an LS swap; a buddy just did it to his YJ, I'm hooked now. I'm a college student so I'm going to have to save up for everything before I even attempt this. The one area of this build that has me so intimidated is the wiring... I have very small knowledge of how wiring even works, I've installed an audio system and that's about it and a couple lights on my motorcycle that's how far my wiring knowledge goes. Is the wiring even that hard? Or just really in depth?

Just read through this whole build, dude AMAZING WORK!! I've been researching for the last couple weeks on doing an LS swap; a buddy just did it to his YJ, I'm hooked now. I'm a college student so I'm going to have to save up for everything before I even attempt this. The one area of this build that has me so intimidated is the wiring... I have very small knowledge of how wiring even works, I've installed an audio system and that's about it and a couple lights on my motorcycle that's how far my wiring knowledge goes. Is the wiring even that hard? Or just really in depth?

The wiring can be as hard or easy as you want to make it. If you do the bare minimum to the harness and use a separate fuse/relay block its not overly difficult. I went nuts and integrated it into the jeep harness quite a bit and used the jeep Power Distribution Center to run everything.

Lots of info on lt1swap.com. Start there.

The wiring can be as hard or easy as you want to make it. If you do the bare minimum to the harness and use a separate fuse/relay block its not overly difficult. I went nuts and integrated it into the jeep harness quite a bit and used the jeep Power Distribution Center to run everything.

Cool, thanks man appreciate it!

defiantly look over lt1 swap info, read it till your eyes bleed. if it intimidates you enough you can send out both harnesses to be reworked and then just do minimal work joining them together

defiantly look over lt1 swap info, read it till your eyes bleed. if it intimidates you enough you can send out both harnesses to be reworked and then just do minimal work joining them together

By reworking the harness, does that mean just getting rid of all the sensors on the Jeep side that the Chevy side has? I don't understand what the jeep harness would be for, besides HVAC, driving lights, and ignition?:confused1:confused1:confused1

By reworking the harness, does that mean just getting rid of all the sensors on the Jeep side that the Chevy side has? I don't understand what the jeep harness would be for, besides HVAC, driving lights, and ignition?:confused1:confused1:confused1

That is essentially it. The GM system needs power and grounds but you need to tie in keyed 12v+ to trigger the start circuit.

I highly suggest reading through this thread again, my thread, cleanrob's thread, Frankz's thread... and absorb all the info...

....just so we don't clutter up PJ's thread with questions. :)

That is essentially it. The GM system needs power and grounds but you need to tie in keyed 12v+ to trigger the start circuit.

I highly suggest reading through this thread again, my thread, cleanrob's thread, Frankz's thread... and absorb all the info...

....just so we don't clutter up PJ's thread with questions. :)

True True! My bad! I love reading through builds like this, still have to check out yours, thanks for the info though, I appreciate it! :cheers:

Back