NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old April 10th, 2012, 12:03
NAXJA Member # 788

Sway Bar Position

I have been thinking about putting my sway bar back on after moving my front axle forward 2". When I mounted the sway bar to the frame and put it where I think it should be the back of it contacts my spring. I am wondering if the sway bar will work effectively in this position or maybe even a tab higher. Thoughts?

Old April 10th, 2012, 14:10
Freakish Hand Strength

Re: Sway Bar Position

Go to the JKS website, download the instructions for the XJ quicker disconnects.

JKS says the sway bar should be at about 10* up angle, just about like in your picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjeeper

Blanket caught in the rear liftgate latch. Now I can't open.
Old April 10th, 2012, 14:11
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D View Post
I have been thinking about putting my sway bar back on after moving my front axle forward 2". When I mounted the sway bar to the frame and put it where I think it should be the back of it contacts my spring. I am wondering if the sway bar will work effectively in this position or maybe even a tab higher. Thoughts?

JKS reccomends the sway bar must be within 5 to 15 degrees above horizontal plane (10deg as optimum).
why dont you drill the unibody an inch forward from current location so you can install the swaybar busings forward?
Old April 10th, 2012, 15:50
NAXJA Member # 788

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_MN View Post
Go to the JKS website, download the instructions for the XJ quicker disconnects.

JKS says the sway bar should be at about 10* up angle, just about like in your picture.
Thanks, I'll look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenio View Post
JKS reccomends the sway bar must be within 5 to 15 degrees above horizontal plane (10deg as optimum).
why dont you drill the unibody an inch forward from current location so you can install the swaybar busings forward?
I considered this, but I won't be plating this area until next winter and there's not much to attach to forward of the current mounts.
Old April 10th, 2012, 23:37
NAXJA Forum User

+1 on 10 degrees up from horizontal.....