NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Events > PAST NAXJA EVENTS > Winterfest 2012
Register FAQ Users List Calendar Mark Forums Read
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Donate Bylaws Store Members Chat E-Mail

Winterfest 2012 March 2-3, 2012 at Badlands ORP, Attica, IN

Old March 21st, 2012, 10:05
Past MWC President

HUGE thank you to all..

I want to take the time to thank all the BOD members, the planning committee and all of the helpers that helped make this years Winterfest an awesome event. There was A LOT of hard work put into the event and I'm very happy that the feed back came back mostly positive. The worse problem seemed to be the few CB issues that we had.

I also want to thank all that attended the event, because of your support in attendance and your support in the raffle it looks like we should be able to offer free camping again for 2013!!! This is awesome!!!!!!

I don't see many changes to the up comming year other than the retirement of the 'Adopt a Newbie' program. We have attempted this for two years now and I don't feel the response we've gotten warrants the work involved in preparing for it.

I'm already very excited for the next Winterfest, as I know many of you are too.

Fore 'Thanks again' Wheeler

aka, dan
member #285

My build thread: Out of Misery II
Old March 21st, 2012, 10:35
NAXJA Forum User

Re: HUGE thank you to all..

See everyone next year at WF!
[/QUOTE]
Old March 21st, 2012, 12:01
NAXJA Forum User

I agree Dan, we could not do this without a LOT of help.

The turnout this year for Rev's Run has bought it another year.

Rev
Old March 21st, 2012, 14:47
NAXJA Member

It was fun, also, at some point, I probably should do something with the video I shot.

Also, next year, I will help out more then just cleaning up at hte VFW. I just wanted to get one done as a participant before I did more then what I did.

Last edited by terrehautian; March 21st, 2012 at 14:54.
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:59
NAXJA Member #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fore Wheeler View Post
I want to take the time to thank all the BOD members, the planning committee and all of the helpers that helped make this years Winterfest an awesome event. There was A LOT of hard work put into the event and I'm very happy that the feed back came back mostly positive. The worse problem seemed to be the few CB issues that we had.

I also want to thank all that attended the event, because of your support in attendance and your support in the raffle it looks like we should be able to offer free camping again for 2013!!! This is awesome!!!!!!

I don't see many changes to the up comming year other than the retirement of the 'Adopt a Newbie' program. We have attempted this for two years now and I don't feel the response we've gotten warrants the work involved in preparing for it.

I'm already very excited for the next Winterfest, as I know many of you are too.

Fore 'Thanks again' Wheeler

aka, dan
Always a good time.

Glad that you can help and thankful for all the others that have helped.

We plan and plan and plan...it comes and goes...and now, we are 3 weeks out of the event...where does the time go.

Baring any complications, I'll be a Dad at the next Winterfest...that should make it even more interesting.

mac 'To 2013!' gyvr
My idea of a perfect vacation is a road trip through beautiful country. To make it really fun, all that's needed is a modified vehicle, a few close friends, and some serious off-roading. Cole Quinnell - Editor, 4WOR, Dec 99
Old March 26th, 2012, 18:25
NAXJA Member

Location: Central MA - keep going till the road turns to dirt, then listen for banjos

Thanks! I can only hope it goes as well as it did this time in the future... you guys know how to run an event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyvr View Post
mac 'To 2013!' gyvr
I can't wait.
CTeunuch: Sometimes I really wonder if this sport makes you insane, or it just attracts the mentally unstable.
Old March 28th, 2012, 03:22
NAXJA Forum User

I can't wait til WF OH13. I had a blast this. As for next year I'm hoping to push the jeep a lot more. That was the first time wheeling it really so every little pop and crack i heard I freaked out. I've wheeled twice now popping and cracking and she still driving as good as ever, guess its a XJ thing. Anyway WF was great! I met a lot of awesome people and....I won some pretty cool stuff. And I'm pumped about the free camping again next year.

davidson 'to 2013 and MANY more' 99XJ