• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SWEET commanche for sale

jeepdude25

NAXJA Forum User
or-race-carp1057n1.jpg

or-race-carp1057n2.jpg

or-race-carp1057n3.jpg

85 jeep comanche, race truck, class 7s full roll cage, bed cage, fuel pump,tank, tool box, spare tire, 2 spot, 2 flood lights, brand new 4.0, built trans, ox rearend, howe power steering, heat and ac, all windows are still in it. street legal. doetsch shocks nitrogen filled. need to sell, awesome truck and has won races. hasnt been raced since new motor and trans. also comes with complete extra truck. full gauges, trans cooler, wheels are in great shape, and tires are like new, spare has never been ridin on.

85 jeep comanche, race truck, class 7s full roll cage, bed cage, fuel pump,tank, tool box, spare tire, 2 spot, 2 flood lights, brand new 4.0, built trans, ox rearend, howe power steering, heat and ac, all windows are still in it. street legal. doetsch shocks nitrogen filled. need to sell, awesome truck and has won races. hasnt been raced since new motor and trans. also comes with complete extra truck. full gauges, trans cooler, wheels are in great shape, and tires are like new, spare has never been ridin on.

Awesome MJ!
but it's not an 85 (or an 86). :)

Awesome MJ!
but it's not an 85 (or an 86). :)

I dunno brutha......

1) I'm sure he copied the info from the ad, so the owner isn't gonna call it an '85 if it isn't an '85........

2) It's got the early GM steering column.

3) It has the 10-row grille that was found only on '84-'86 XJ/MJ's, all others had 8 rows until '97 when it went to 7 rows.

I'm more interested in that Ford in the background in the second pic...

You can use the MJ's in JeepSpeed?

That thing is way awesome looking btw.

I dunno brutha......

1) I'm sure he copied the info from the ad, so the owner isn't gonna call it an '85 if it isn't an '85........

2) It's got the early GM steering column.

3) It has the 10-row grille that was found only on '84-'86 XJ/MJ's, all others had 8 rows until '97 when it went to 7 rows.

I posted that based on:

There weren't any 85' Comanche's (production started in 85 for the 86 model year),

and all the 86's were longbeds (this one is a shortbed).

The bed could've been swapped (& wheelbase shortened),
but it can't be an 85 unless he's going by the date on the door (early 86' built in 85).

Cool MJ either way, just pointing out the (what I figured was a) typo.

There weren't any 85' Comanche's (production started in 85 for the 86 model year),

and all the 86's were longbeds (this one is a shortbed).

Damn. I'm gonna have to concede on that fact - I know I've seen a couple MJ's advertised locally as being '85's, but I totally spaced out the production years and that part about long beds only for '86.......

I wonder if his title got misprinted when someone in it's past got it titled/inspected and they looked at the door tag...... :dunno:

Last edited:
Damn. I'm gonna have to concede on that fact - I know I've seen a couple MJ's advertised locally as being '85's, but I totally spaced out the production years and that part about long beds only for '86.......

I wonder if his title got misprinted when someone in it's past got it titled/inspected and they looked at the door tag...... :dunno:

:cheers:

The grille had me scratching my head too.

If it was a longbed, I'd think maybe it was some kind of pre-production race Jeep that got passed down to a privateer later on (this stuff actually happens with race cars/trucks/bikes all the time).

Then, it's even possible they shortened the WB & swapped the bed when shortbeds came out in 87' (plenty of racecars have been updated to the latest sheetmetal once it became available),

but that's a reach at best.

It's a race truck, so more likely the grille got swapped after one of many minor crack ups,
it may not be currently registered (the current owner may never have registered it),
and the owner probably hasn't looked at the paperwork in a long long while. :)

Either way, very nice Jeep
I hope it finds a good home. :D

Back