NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion > Paint and Bodywork forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Paint and Bodywork forum Around here sheetmetal is optional but if you are going to do it, do it right.

Old August 24th, 2017, 20:32
NAXJA Forum User

Welder near chicago

I'm doing the 2x6 steel rock slider mod, and I'm looking for a welder in the Chicago suburbs. I have the old rockers cut out, and have the tubes cut at angles on the ends already. I just don't have the welding tools/experience to tackle the next step. I've called a few places, but seems it's a project that they aren't interested in. Anyone know of a company or person who may be interested?

Thanks
Old December 7th, 2017, 14:41
NAXJA Member #1145

Re: Welder near chicago

Why on earth would you start this and have everything cut up if you didn't have a way to do the work?
-90 XJ 4.0, AW4, 231J: Clayton's longarms, RE 5.5" coils, hybrid 6" leaf pack, 33/12.50/15" MTs, Rancho 99012s and 99624s, Tera HD SYE, custom sliders, BW flares. Rehabbing with D44s, RE spring packs, RE 4.5" coils, and ACOS.
-94 ZJ: Budget boost, 31s. The wife's DD.
-97 XJ: Son's DD. 4" lift, ACOS, 4" spring pack, Upcountry coils, 31s
Old December 7th, 2017, 14:45
NAXJA Member

Welder near chicago

Hey hey hey I did this too. Actually went to WF with only one rocker now that I think of it

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old December 7th, 2017, 16:02
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadselyk View Post
I'm doing the 2x6 steel rock slider mod, and I'm looking for a welder in the Chicago suburbs. I have the old rockers cut out, and have the tubes cut at angles on the ends already. I just don't have the welding tools/experience to tackle the next step. I've called a few places, but seems it's a project that they aren't interested in. Anyone know of a company or person who may be interested?

Thanks
Post in your local chapter. I bet you could find a member that would be happy to help you out.
Old December 7th, 2017, 16:32
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyyank View Post
Post in your local chapter. I bet you could find a member that would be happy to help you out.
You guys do realize this is from Aug right.
Old December 7th, 2017, 18:32
NAXJA Member

Welder near chicago

I'm pretty sure the guy got this done, TwoDoorRob reached out to him but if I recall he'd already had it scheduled. This was long ago when warm weather was present

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk