• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ceiling cargo net idea, pics please

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
i was just working on the jeep getting things in order, battery out and windows down, then DOWNPOUR!

what ever ......:doh:

BUT, I just had an idea and wanted similar examples/ pics if anyone has built a cargo net into the inner rear roof to hold things like a Tarp, or wool blanket....

not wanting crazy room, just something that grabs and pulls stuff up.

where would one anchor this? this is a cool new idea i like a lot and would very much like to build into the rear cargo area.

thanks for the help/ideers

where would one anchor this?

The rear upper seatbelt bolts are two good attachment points. I am betting you can find somewhere to attach a hook or something in the back corners behind the trim pieces.

Scan the hardware store and I bet you can make something in an afternoon :jester:

im gonna check out your 4 runner reference but im surprised after thinking about this its not more common! free awesomely use able space, and mounted securely you could get real cargo net and hang shovel, axe..... anything off of it if you wanted.

I WANT!

im gonna check out your 4 runner reference but im surprised after thinking about this its not more common! free awesomely use able space, and mounted securely you could get real cargo net and hang shovel, axe..... anything off of it if you wanted.

I WANT!

I second you on the wanting I just have other things to prioritize before storage lol

I WANT!

I sure wouldn't want an axe or shovel stored at head level anywhere in my truck. One failure and those things break loose into the cabin and me or my kids are in a heep of trouble.

On the models with speaker bars, this would be harder to accomplish anyway, I would guess. Not to mention the impediment in vision out the rear window.

Seems like it's never been done for a reason - but that's just my thoughts.

Back