• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix A/C System Tips and Facts

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright well I just had to redo quite a bit of my A/C system on my 90. Compressor, Receiver Drier, and Expansion Valve. I got caught up on a couple things along the way, so this thread is for tips to help people do this in the future.
1. In the line running from the receiver drier to the expansion valve there is a valve of some sort. Take the little fugger out of there. It almost ended up screwing everything up for me because the valve was never opening. It IS NOT needed, it was just something Jeep used to try and prevent people from just letting the gas into the atmosphere. The thing looks like a little grappling hook on a spring. Also the pin in the hose that that pushes against that valve should be removed.
2. The expansion valve can be put on backwards. The threads towards the firewall are the same size. DO NOT PUT IT ON BACKWARDS. The larger hole should go towards the passenger side.
3. If you are retrofitting, get an elbow adapter for the low pressure side of the compressor to charge it. A manifold set will not fit between the two fittings on the compressor otherwise.

If I can think of anything else I will add it. My total ended up being $400 for all the parts and refridgerant.
HTH anyone who is going to try this,
Collin

The condensation drain for the (am I right?) evaporator is right by the vacuum canister also. Forgot to add that.

Back