• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going red?

89limited_hero

NAXJA Forum User
Lately I have been wanting to join a club. I don't do facebook anymore for various reasons. Most are groups on there not a club even if they call themselves as such. And most clubs I've found in our area existed at one point but not anymore.

I know a few of you guys from my time on facebook as well as mutual friends.

Besides the knowledge that's here. It seems very trail orientated as to keep trails open and clean ups as well as trying to open more trails. Which I'm all about.

I don't get to the TSF as much as I'd like but I do go to la Dee flats and yacolt burn when I can.

I guess I'm wondering is it worth joining and going red letter besides the perks that come with doing so?

If you are interested in supported the tech that exists here, yes.
If you are interested in supporting the work of groups we donate to to help keep trails open, yes.
If you are interested in keeping this forum running, yes.
If you are interested in joining a group that has a local club affiliation, and helps support that local club, yes.

David Bricker / SYR

I've been a member of NAXJA for over ten years. I've let my membership expire a few times, but for the most part I've always been a member.

For me, there's two parts to why I am a member, local and national.

On the national level, NAXJA has always had the best tech archive for our Jeeps. NAXJA has helped me out so much over the years, the annual membership fee has paid for itself over and over again by how much this forum has saved me. From troubleshooting help, to build ideas, it's an amazing tool to have access to. NAXJA on a national level also supports Blue Ribbon, Tread Lightly, and donates matching funds to each chapter to put toward a land use donation. I support those efforts, and it's nice knowing my membership money helps out those causes. National has matched the NWC numerous times over years on local NW donations as well. PNW4WDA, WOHVA, Yacolt Burn Trails, LaDee Flats, it literally adds up to thousands of dollars going toward local land use efforts.

Then there's the local level, the NWC. The NWC isn't a traditional club, in the sense where we have monthly meetings, trips, and do parades together while holding hands. (I think a few members tried the last one once :gag:). We're too spread out, and most of us are too busy for that. We have a solid core group of members here though. I've met a lot of people through this club, many of which are friends. Hell, I was a groomsman at a members wedding. We may seem tight knit from the outside, but that's just because most of us have known one another for years, and put forth the effort to become involved with the chapter. We're not going to hold your hand and beg you to come out to our event, that's your choice. I don't really want to wheel with 15 rigs anymore, "quality over quantity." Don't bring junk out to our runs, be "that guy" and you'll fit in fine. There's plenty of Facebook circle jerk clubs that cater to the alternative. (I don't do Facebook, so I'm sure you can tell my opinion of some of the other "clubs" out there.)

My goal for the NWC in 2018 is to get back to the basics, and that's wheeling. We're all here because we modified our Jeeps for offroad, so lets use them. We'll be putting together a "Runs of 2018" calendar to give people some runs to plan for. I want our events to be known for covering ground, conquering obstacles, wheeling hard, and having fun doing it. When you see an NWC hoodie/sticker on the trail, I want it to make a statement, pull over cause we're passing you. :D I'm sure we'll try and make a cruise in show or two though-out the year, maybe SOLV clean up in April, cater toward a noobie run in the spring, etc.

Seriously though, we got a good group of people here. Hopefully in 2018 we'll get some events going that can get us all out together enjoying what we built our Jeeps for.

So, if you want to be a member of the elite XJ club, go RED.

Thanks for the responses.

I was at that wedding as well and have that members old front bumper off his 89 he had. Its changed since then and planning on making it changes soon.

I still need to work on a few things on this new jeep I got so I don't be that guy.

Thanks for the responses.

I was at that wedding as well and have that members old front bumper off his 89 he had. Its changed since then and planning on making it changes soon.

I still need to work on a few things on this new jeep I got so I don't be that guy.

You should join. You get a cool widow sticker, I’ve been a member like Torx a long time. It’s cool to be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always loved wheeling with the guys on here. 98% there are some off brand types that come and go. Sounds like you Joined right around the time I sold my last rig.

I haven't had a rig to wheel in a few years, but I still try and keep my letters red. Its a great forum. There is a ridiculous amount of information on here. If I look at the money its saved me over the years.. totally worth it.

Really, the membership dues are way less than a nice dinner out. Just stay in one night a year.. and become a member.

Back