• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

arb turn signals/ running lights

seth15210

NAXJA Forum User
so i just got done installing my arb bull bar. i havent wired up the turn signals and i want to wire them as running lights also. ive read a thread a while ago and the guy said that the lens started melting. has anyone else done this. i thought just changing the bulb to a lower watt bulb would prevent that. or even getting some led bulbs. any input is welcomed

IIRC the ARB bulbs are single wire and single filament. You would have to get a dual filament socket and bulb to wire it up that way.

I melted the lenses on my ARB lights when I had them set up as parking lights. I would recommend setting them up as turn signals only and if you can find a set of LED lights to use (they should be amber not white) I would recommend them as well. I actually do not have mine installed currently because I had some water/mud get into one and corrode everything. I plan on mounting an LED in it an sealing it up with some RTV, but it doesn't rank too highly on my "to-do" list right now.

thats what i needed to hear. i dont wanna melt the lenses but i do want extra running lights. im gonna hunt locally for the led's. has anyone figured what driving lights fit in that slot.

Don't wire them as constantly on. I.e. Parking lights. The Lens will melt with a standard incandescent bulb. Just wire them in as blinkers. I haven't found a drop in LED bulb that is actually bright enough.

sry to hijack but how long/where did you order your arb bull bar from
i just orderd one for my 99 xj from 4wd.com and they told me it was on back orderd with no ETA and was a direct ship from ARB?

Considering the fact that ARB uses rabbit lenses, you aren't doing anything that hasn't been done before. I suggest that you search around on www.vwvortex.com

eurp_0712_18_z+1984_vw_rabbit+custom_fender_flares_euro_bumpers_shaved_side_markers2.jpg

I got mine from 4wd. They had one come in for someone else and they cancelled last min. So the day I ordered it I picked it up two hours later. Good timing is all

Back